[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - quick question
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
quick question 
N00b

Post quick question
hi i'm new to the forum and just had a couple of questions to ask. i have a 99 420a and i got a stock turbo kit off a 4g63 eclipse and was wondering if it's possible to install that into my 420a. another question is will the exhaust manifold off the 4g63 fit my 420a? if any of you know where i can get these parts for cheap please let me know. thanks for your time.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 pm
Goderator

Post Re: quick question
Nope none of it will work. Theyre basically two different cars.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 pm
N00b

not even the turbo?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:26 pm
Goderator

Mitsu flanged, almost all turbo 420 manifolds use a t3 flange. Youre better off buying a gst over turboing that.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:22 am
Profile WWW
N00b

if i had the money then i would buy a 4g but all i can do now is try to work with what i got. i really don't want to push that much i just saw it as a project i can try to learn off of. ive never messed with a turbo so i wanted to learn about it. so basically the turbo setup i have will not work with my car?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:30 am
Talon of Doom

Not at all. Its like taking a turbo out of a 4g63 eclipse and putting it in a 97 dodge neon. Not going to happen. And if it did, and done properly to run right and not leak everywhere and blow up in 2 weeks, it would cost you as much as buying a whole turbo DSM. After $3000 worth of parts, time, research, and labor. You will be as fast as a stock 4g63. Look into how much 2g GSTs go for now a day, less than the 3K you are about to spend.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:31 am
Profile WWW

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:47 am
Profile YIM
Goderator

Dont let it get you down man. Youre honestly like the 10,000th person to realize they picked the wrong car. I know, I was there at one point. Thats why I have an rs and a gsx right now. The fact is any car can be turbod but turboing a car that was not designed for it will cost a small fortune. You say you want to learn about how turbos work, my advise is by a 1000-2000 gst, and learn on that. 420as do not like boost. Theyre high compression, fragile little bastards. Theyre a cruel joke Chrysler played by putting such an econocrap motor in the same shell shared with a 4g63. Would you dig a hole with a spoon? Sure you can do it but just go get yourself a shovel in the first place and be done with it.

Ps. 4g63 motors dont mount in your car either.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:42 am
Official Photographer

if this is something you want to look into PM me and ill give you some links/advice

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
frank the tank

if i did not have my lancer i would of gotten a non turbo 2g i heard they are assome in gas mileage

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:07 pm
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I remeber about 4yrs ago when I could have bought a 98 GSX and I choose the 98 GST because I was new and ignorant to DSM's :bang: :bang: :bang: You live and learn, but its best to learn from people who have lot of experience with these motors, it will save you a lot of time, money, and headaches.

Mon May 16, 2011 10:09 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]