[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - how much boost would b safe for my gsx
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
how much boost would b safe for my gsx 
DSM Regular

Post how much boost would b safe for my gsx
ok guys today my friend gave me 650 injectors so i installed then in my gsx.. i also have a 255 walbro fuel pump,air n gas regulator a big 16g turbo ,n a greddy intercooler.. i havent tune my car..so i would want to get am idea of how much can i boost the way my dsm is right now???

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:26 pm
Squish Face

Post Re: how much boost would b safe for my gsx
Try 30psi. Should be fun.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:41 pm
Profile WWW

You have a way to control the extra fuel? If you dont do that first, if you do id say maybe 20lbs? but id tune it first

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:26 pm
Profile YIM

Um, if you don't have a way to control the fuel (engine management), then don't put in the bigger injectors or turn up the boost. Engine management of some sort is absolutely necessary unless you have a 1g and swap to a 2g MAF and put a certain size injector in to compensate properly. I believe you can safely run about 16lbs of boost with stock injecters and upgraded pump.

By the way, I HIGHLY recommend getting a wideband air/fuel ratio sensor/gauge setup before trying to turn up the boost. That is the only real way to tell how much boost is too much without going to a dyno.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:09 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

ok so it would b better to put stock one back?? n like that i can b boosting 16 psi safe?? n yea bro i just installed my air/fuel ratio gauge..

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:19 am

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Goderator

I think he meant put the stock injectors back on?? If that's the case, you definitely need to put the stock ones back on or you're going to be running stupidly rich. Don't ever change your injectors unless you have a way to compensate for their size difference to the ecu. It's not like dropping in a new air filter and closing the hood.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 am

whats an "air and gas regulator"?

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

i just turn my boost up till it passes the "30" mark on my gauge, more boost always fixes my problems!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 am
Goderator

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:43 am
DSM Regular

yea sorry i ment to say put bak the stock injectors... ok well am going to put bak the stock injectors...once i put them bak i should b fine boosting 16 psi right??

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 pm
DSM Regular

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:46 pm
Goderator

16 is really the limit you should be pushing a 16g on stock injectors. When your car starts hitting fuel cut, you'll know it. Also, air/fuel gauges are pretty useless, you want to get a wideband to tune.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:30 pm
DSM Regular

lol yea am new to this bro...i been reading some good stuffs n learning from it... yea i have the 255 walbro fuel pump n have my afpr already installed..i am going to need a wideband... as far as to tune the car i think am gona go with a ecmlink..

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next