[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 95 gsx CAS??
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
95 gsx CAS?? 
DSM Regular

Post 95 gsx CAS??
i need some help and i tried searching but couldnt really find my answer.
i just bought a 95 gsx 2days ago, drove 5hrs to get it drove it back w/o a problem.
The next day i was driving it up and down the street, i decided to launch it, once i launched it and went to shift to 2nd it just died. now it wont start just keeps cranking and cranking. i checked for fuel and spark. im getting fuel but no spark. any ideas? i already swapped out the transistor and that didnt help, and right now im trying to figure out if my cas is bad but i dont know how to test it and i wanna swap that out. My question is do i have to take out the timing belt to unbolt the cas since its behind the intake cam gear? or whats the right way on doin it.? sorry for the long post, im just stumped

Has anyone ever had this problem or do any of yall who own a 95 ever replace the cam angle sensor? if so how

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Post Re: 95 gsx CAS??
Yup timing belt needs to come off I did it on my old gsx. Your gonna need to remove the intake cam as well since held up by two bolts.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm
DSM Regular

Dam ittttttt....that's what I DIDN'T wanna do..what's the easiest way to check if the cas is good? And what other things should I check before replacing the cas. Basicaly what's th easiest things I can check first? I already checked fuses in th fuse box, transistor.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:02 pm
Squish Face

throw on a 1g cas with cas swap harness (all plug in play in your case) and if the car starts most likely its a dead cas.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:27 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

would i have to tap my intake cam? or is that just for 2g cas? how would i time it with a 1g CAS?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 am
Squish Face

No you don't. Make sure all the timing marks on the motor are lined up and then line the knotches on the cam sensor together and slap it on. Its pretty easy to do, you just need to add 2 studs (holes already exist on the head) and bolt down the cam sensor.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

oops..sorry for not updating. i've put a 1g CAS on about more than a week ago. i just had to swap plug wires around and it started right up. i thought i'd had to swap injector pins out but it started first crank and idles good drives normal

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:06 pm
Goderator

Good good. So you solved the problem. Good job man, have fun.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]