[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - getting my car running for DMV registration
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
getting my car running for DMV registration 
DSM Regular

Post getting my car running for DMV registration
i have my 98 gst, the stock turbo has alot of play, u can push and pull on the turbine if thats what u call it, shes not runnin right now and im thinkin its the turbo, i checked the oil filter for any metal shavings and didnt find any, the oil was mostly smoked out when the turbo gave out, i removed the valve cover and the cams look good, belt is fine too, i have the smog certificate in hand and the title xfer and registration paid for, i just need to take her in to the dmv and get a visual inspection so i can finally get her registered, i had a schedule to get the car runnin by now but i got fucked over on some money im supposed to get and still aint got no job, the smog certificate is good for 90 days but the registration is good til the 22nd of april, i really dont want to have to pay another 150 for smog so im tryin to get her runnin for just the inspection, i have a 20g turbo setup i got from one of the members and its in great shape, i just dont have the money right now for all the required parts, for now i jus want to get her from my house to the dmv and back, heres my questions
-do i get the stock turbo rebuilt, if so how much would that run me?
-do i buy a stock turbo like the one clockworktoy is selling for $90 but it has some shaft play but never smoked, will that work?
-can i just use my 20g turbo setup, its setup for ext wastegate

let me know what ya think, sorry for the long ass request
thanx

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Official Photographer

Post Re: getting my car running for DMV registration
pretty sure with a blown turbo you car would still run, something sounds wrong, the 14B Clock work is selling is stock for a 1g, for a 2g you would need an install kit, you should be able to find a t25(2g stock turbo) easy to put on for now

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Post Master

Post Re: getting my car running for DMV registration
If you dont have the funds to install a bigger turbo why buy it?
Right now i would worry about having your car running and not having it sitting with a blown turbo but have a phat turbo at home.
I would sell the 20g, get some cash buy a 14b with necessary items to install or get a t-25 for cheap. I think theres one on cl for like $50.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]