[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - They're In!! 2g polyurethane front and rear motor mounts
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
They're In!! 2g polyurethane front and rear motor mounts 
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post They're In!! 2g polyurethane front and rear motor mounts
are you tired of your noisy solid aluminum roll stops? or want to stop wasting money one replacments because they keep ripping even with those crappy inserts that come with the Prothane and ES motor mount kits?

well i think i have a soultion for you
its still in the works but i hope to have a working prototype sometime this month

heres some teaser pics

heres what you get once you remove the stock rubber bushings

that rear mount jout wouldent work as is so we decided to fit an aluminum sleeve so it will accept a polyurethane bushings a bit better

the plan is to make it a split bushings design very similar to the polyurethane trans and engine mounts that prothane makes.

ill update this thread as this progresses!

they are 75A polyurethane and have SS center sleeves and the kit comes with everything you need to get these installed.

the prices are as follows;

$100 for the "Do it yourself kit"

$120 to send me your motor mounts ill press out the old mounts and press in the sleeve on the rear mount

my PayPal is blackgst@live.com

Last edited by Black_gst on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 am
Goderator

Post Re: 2g solid polyurethane front and rear motor mounts

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

and i can have yours powdercoated for a good price too christ

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:30 pm
DSM Regular

Hell ya when there ready Ill take a pair just hit me up then

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

the price will be between $100 and $120 a pair (front and rear) i dont have a final price yet because i have finished a set yet but i hoping to have it soon

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:00 pm
Squish Face

I would be interested in only the front mount. Are you planning on only making them in sets?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 am
Squish Face

Sounds like a plan, ill probably pick one up when we get em here at the shop then.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 pm
Profile WWW

they were hella clean in person. id say wheres the 1g love, but then youd say i couldnt afford it, so we'll just leave it be :roll:

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:13 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:58 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

so these are off and i should have the prototype back next week, i have a tester thats going to be installing them and taking lots of pics. and once fitment is verified ill be taking orders and getting these rolling.

here is the final pricing

$120 ($110 picked up) for the pair shipped, this will include the 4 halves with the SS center sleeves and the aluminum outer sleeve that required for the rear mount, and the brace for the rear mount so it doent close up on you when you put the sleeve in.

now if you dont have access to a press and/or dont want to hassle getting the old mounts apart and getting the new sleeve in you can ship me (give me) your mounts and ill do it for $140 which includes return shipping ($130 picked up).

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 am
DSM Regular

How much would it be for just the front one picked up? Think they'll be ready before fontana april 16th?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:19 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

they wont be ready for the 16th. the front one is $50 picked up and the rear is $60 picked up. if anyone want in on the 1st batch it will be by pre order only and payment will be up front, no exceptions. reason is the major cost on these is the molds, and after the prototype comes back i still have to make more molds which is costly

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:32 am
Goderator

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a motor mount today.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:34 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next