[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - BLOWN HEADGASKET MAYBE... PLEASE HELP.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
BLOWN HEADGASKET MAYBE... PLEASE HELP. 
DSM Regular

Post BLOWN HEADGASKET MAYBE... PLEASE HELP.
so i was driving my car the other day after a 16g turbo install but i was out on one cooling fan.. so i was driving at night thinking that the cool weather would keep the car from over heating. it was fine so i parked the park and went to bed.. in the morning it was raining and i went to work i noticed that my temp needle was going higher and higher buy the minute.. i took my eye off it for a bit and then looked back and noticed it all the way up.. so i stoped asap and checked my radiator fluid and there was none.. i put some coolant in and let it cool down so then i kept goin.. then today morning i went to my car and checked the water and ther was none again.. i put some in and turned it on it was ok for about a min then i tried moving it and it sounded almost like a diesel truck lol.. i turned it off and checked my oil it seemed a bit weird kinda like if it had a bit off water in it.. then i checked my water again and it didnt have any.. i was just wonderin if it was a sign of a BLOWN HEADGASKET.....

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: BLOWN HEADGASKET MAYBE... PLEASE HELP.
If it sounded like a diesel truck you have worse things to worry about about then a blown HG if there is water in your oil and you have been driving like that you prolly spun a bearing and need a complete rebuild, it sounds like you did have a blown HG and if you would have given that attention sooner you may have been able to save the engine, did the oil look like chocolate milk?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: BLOWN HEADGASKET MAYBE... PLEASE HELP.
umm i think it did.. i compared it to brand new oil that i had left over on one of my bottle and it did look a lil darker.. how much u looking forward for a rebuild

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]