[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Dead TOB or bad clutch???
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Dead TOB or bad clutch??? 

Post Dead TOB or bad clutch???
I made this thread so I won't clutter up the rambling thread this is a response towards Clint and Sam. I ended up getting the car towed for a little small fee cough 20 cough. Before I had any issues like right now everything was working fine except the TOB. Tranny shifted great no grinds no hesitation no nothing. This is how it all went down and what actually happened. I was leaving my job and when I was coming to a stop I pulled out from fourth and felt a little vibration I'm like wtf. So light turns green I try going into first nothing and nothing with the other gears. I tried second it went in and I started moving the car in second until the next stop light. I tried again but this time nothing worked. A couple of previous days I started feeling something weird when I would push in the clutch pedal. Like a sponge type feeling so I'm like oh shit TOB. So anyways after the officer helped me push my car to a side street I started messing with the car. First I turned off the car and all the gears go in fine and smoothly. I turned the car on and tried putting it into gear but I noticed the rpms would begin to drop like the car wanted to die but none of the gears wanted to go in. I tried starting the car in gear in first with the clutch pedal in but the car moved forward. I was running out of ideas so I called a few people for advice but nothing lol. I called Jaimer since he's the closest one in LA and he came through. I had him turn on the car and I kept my eye on the fork. I saw the fork dancing around I'm like wtf so I had him push in the clutch and it was still dancing around in like wtf. So then I pushed the slave rod in and I can move the fork around and of I twist the fork it moves but this lead me to believe that stupidass ACT TOB took a shit and wasn't letting the clutch disengage to let the gears go in. Any ideas on what it could be or am I right. There's plenty of redline fluid in the tranny. There's also plenty of fluid in the clutch reservoir.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: Dead TOB or bad clutch???
Was it Tapping or clicking when it was idling? Or was it quiet? ((I have a possibly similar problem but I don't want to jack your thread going over my problem XD))

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm
Squish Face

drop the trans, ur gonna have to either way.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

Either the TOB pin got installed wrong and or took a shit ,. That and most likely the fork and ball are busted.. I had the same thing happen to me on one of my 1gs .. Regardless your gonna have to drop the trans.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

TOB pin???? You mean the actual TOB?? It wasn't installed wrong I used a little amount of grease nothing to serious. In thinking the TOB sleeve gave out since when I move the fork around I can hear that noise it makes when you pull something out that's been covered with grease that sticky sounding noise.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Thats pin... It "could" been installed wrong, and popped off,.. In my case the fork and ball were worn out ,. Only way to put it in gear was with the car off.. But yeah just my .02

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:41 pm

this is going to be funny i thought the TOB was fucked up but guess what happened........... PICS!!!!!

The top right of the flywheel was where the fingers broke right where all that stuff is on the mating surface of the flywheel.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:08 pm
DSM Regular

Gyah! What year is that pressure plate O.o

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:52 pm
DSM Regular

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:40 pm
frank the tank

Scary :shock:

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:21 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

warranty that thing. its still nice and bright yellow.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]