[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 20g turbo helpp!!!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
20g turbo helpp!!!! 
DSM Regular

Post 20g turbo helpp!!!!
hey ladsm.. well i bought a 20g turbo.. i need help on wat parts i should get like as the o2 housing and if i can use my stock exhaust many or is it manditory to get an upgraded one..this is my first turbo swapp so i need help.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Post Re: 20g turbo helpp!!!!
You have to find out who made that turbo and what the turbine housing is flanged for.

+1 on the supporting mods. you will definetly need to upgrade a few things with that turbo.

My 20g is a direct bolt on. I'm even still running my stock o2 housing which I don't recommend.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:31 pm
DSM Regular

well to tell u the truth bro i really dont know much about it.. i just asked the guy the i bought it from is it was a straight bolt on he said yes and so i got it.. should i keep on goin on with my build or should i just consider on rebiulding my stock t25.. i just want it as a DD but my car is smoking alot cus of the turbo..

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:20 pm

If you want a DD i suggest selling it and getting money to buy yourself a 14b or maybe even a 16g

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:31 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

i wouldnt mind having a 2og but i just need the parts to get it mounted.. like i know if i throw that in i would need the supporting mods like fuel pump and injectors.. i dont mind doin that but i just need info on the o2 housing and exhaust many thats were im confused :bang:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:35 pm

take pictures and post em. Does the original seller have any info since you said hes a member here

Last edited by BOOST on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

wel here are the pics guys lemme know whats upp

ImageImage

Last edited by red97gst on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Well, You can DD a 20g. I do it. And there are other members here DD bigger turbos, so the size isnt a problem.

We need more info on the turbo. And that member should help you out with some info about it or he can post it on here.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:32 pm
No More 2.3L

it will bolt to your exhaust manifold just fine. It does not have an internal waste gate so you would need an O2 housing with an external gate on it. It will not work with the stock intercooler piping.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:03 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

thanks guys really appreciate it.. do any of u guys have the o2 housing for sale.. and about oil lines are those fine or will i need to upgrade

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:21 pm
DSM Regular

wat intercooler pipes can i get to fit this for a good price.. something not to expensive or can i use my stock intercooler and just custom make the licp.. and for 02 housing wats a good one..

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Use water/oil lines for a 14b/16g turbo. Get an aftetmarket intercooler. And the piping can be done by a muffler shop or pay a lot of money online on have it premade. Any DSM bolt 02 housing will work. Or and EVO 3 one and there always punishment racing.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:50 pm
DSM Regular

road race would have an o2 right..

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm
DSM Regular

ohh and soadweskey mentioned an o2 with external wastegate.. sooo i can use a tial???

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm
DSM Regular

can someone post me the basics to getting this 20g onto my car and what price is it going for.. like injectors the o2 fuel pump
the wastegate and idk wat else im missing..

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next