[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 96 CAS wiring on 97 CAS?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
96 CAS wiring on 97 CAS? 
DSM Regular

Post 96 CAS wiring on 97 CAS?
Ive tried searching on tuners and here but cant get the answer im looking for.. I understand the route of just swapping and splicing the wires for 1g cas (which there are great tutorials on) but im trying to find out if there is any way to use my existing 2g 97 cas which is located on the passenger side,with my 96 wiring which have two plugs on the drivers side and would have plugged into the magnetic type cas under the manifold etc.. without of course sacrificing or putting my engine at harm. Im a bit strapped for cash right now as I replaced all the belts,maintenance and smog coming up soon and the DD GSX overheating now :doh

but I know you guys like pictures and here she is as she sits :(
(pardon the horrible wheel gap,will be picking some tokicos soon with tax $ :)

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Post Re: 96 CAS wiring on 97 CAS?
I think RRE sells the wiring harness that hooks ups with the crank and cam sensor to the 97 CAS.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:18 pm
DSM Regular

They have a harness to a 1g cas. Ive read that I can splice the wires from the 96 harness to the 97 plug. Problem is harness has 3 plugs (Red,Blue,Blue w/Red) and on my 96 I have 6 wires, (x2 red,x2 Black,1 Blue/red,1 Blue w/white) ... and dont know what to do with the blue/white wire...Also read I need to invert the cas singal and it should fire up...But Would the spark firing order remain the same and I would still need to swap the ecu pins as well?

Can someone shed some light? Thank you...

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:06 pm
Squish Face

I think your over complicating things a bit, your still retaining the factory crank sensor, so you only have to worry about wiring for the new cam sensor. There should be a blue wire and a black wire. You need to connect the blue wire on the 97-99 cam sensor pigtail to the blue wire on your cars harness, same thing for the black wire. The red wire you have left over you can seal up but is no longer needed. You will also have to swap injector pins at the ecu along with switching the spark plug order. The crank sensor plug on your motor should match the 96 harness, so no need to worry about that.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]