[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - DSM 6BOLT SWAP WITHOUT 1GEN CAS custom engine from karking
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
DSM 6BOLT SWAP WITHOUT 1GEN CAS custom engine from karking 
DSM Regular

Post DSM 6BOLT SWAP WITHOUT 1GEN CAS custom engine from karking
what do you guys think about this custom engine from karking in ontario, heres the link in case ya want more specs and info on it, let me know what all ya think

want to put a evo316g after

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: DSM 6BOLT SWAP WITHOUT 1GEN CAS custom engine from karking
several members do not like Kar King and would go against any purchase from them...

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

I've seen some pretty low quality crap come from them. They are a true case of you get what you pay for, their prices are low and sow is the quality.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:58 pm
Profile YIM

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm
DSM Regular

ok thanx for the info ,i called a local engine rebuilding spot here in hesperia and they are charging 2500 for rebuilding my 7 bolt engine, is that a good price or is it better for me to buy a 6 bolt engine?

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Id go 6bolt, rebuilding a 7bolt is a waste of time and money.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:01 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

i have only two words for you buddy

FUK KARKING!

and

FUK JORGE, hes the guy that works there and "thinks" he knows what the fuck he is talking about

if that was that last place on earth to buy DSM parts id walk away from DSM's

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 am
DSM Regular

Ya Karking is boo boo (SHIT) I bought one 6 bolt from there 2 yrs ago and 6 months later had problems with the Head Valve seals so i pulled the head took it back to em and they charged me 150 they replaced the seals and resurfaced it then 2 wks later same problem well cause its the valve guides Luckliy Dave at Riverside Mitsu. understood everything and gave me a Free Head gasket keep in mind he was the one that told me about karking but now he wont recommend them either..I got my 150 back from them and took the head to a real machine shop and the head turned out great plus they found out that one of the coolant passages on the head Cyl.2 was getting thin and had to weld, but then the block didnt last long after that so in so many words Your better off doing it by yourself Some people do shitty work...

I bought a kit with everything for 400$ Pistons/rings oil pump water pump ACL race bearings etc all the misc. got the head and block machined for 210$ and assembled for 300$ 6 bolt block 2g head dropped it in and boo ya 910.00$ and way better than kar king but everything is stock but new and I dont plan on beating on it but im sure it will hold up longer than karkings shit so Think about it before you drop 1500-2500 ...

You can get wiseco and eagles for 750.00 ACL main and rods bearings for 90.00 core for 350.00
evo 8 springs for 100.00 machined for 450.00 head gasket kit 280.00 oil pump 180.00 water pump 150.00 timing belt 65.00 tensioner 50.00 and assembled 500. comes out to 2800-3000 but its gonna hold up real strong.. or you can stock for 600.00 dollars cheaper and still hold up 500 HP So give it your best shot and dont go eazy lazy cheap way out of it cause it will cost you more later.

Your Welcome for that free info LATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am
DSM Regular

dats wassup guys thanx for the heads up

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

so where do you recommend me going for a good 6 bolt engine?
should i go to some pick and pulls, junkyards?
im new to cali so anywhere ya can send me would be great
im aiming for 350 to 400 hp and want to get my car running at least before summer

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

i have a 6bolt bottom end that i was keeping for a rebuild, but i think im just going to sell it

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:36 pm
DSM Regular

how much for the bottom end and what else would i need for the 6 bolt swap?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

i sent you a pm.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 am
Squish Face

I don't get what the big deal with using a 1g cas is.... Its like really easy, REALLY.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next