[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Knocking In The Head?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Knocking In The Head? 
DSM Regular

Post Knocking In The Head?
Hey guys so i just rebuilt my bottom end on my 2g its a 97 and gst when i was done with putting the thing back togeather it started and ran fine after starting it a couple more times a knocking started and i cannot figure out what it could be any feed back guys would help thanks all my fluids are perfect and ect thanks

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 am

Post Re: Knocking In The Head?
Did the oil light come on. Maybe the oil pump started giving out from the rebuild and the motor started knocking. When my original 7 bolt was knocking I used a stethoscope from school and put it on the head and it sounded like it was coming from there but once I put it on the oil pan it was coming there. Another thing you can do since you have a gst is pull the pan and check to see if the rods have play. Does the knock get quicker and louder as you rev the engine or it stays the same. Another thing you can do if you think its knocking from the head you can make sure the cams are bolted down right. It might be the oil pump and the bottom end starved for oil.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 am
Talon of Doom

probabaly just really bad lifter tick

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

no oil light came on no check engine light came on its really starting to be a pain in the a** if u feel me because its the only thing stopping me from driving it i also think its a lifter tick as well i cant remember if it gets louder when u rev i dont think so i think it stays the same i took it for a test drive after i was done with everything and everything was cool got back and thats when it started happening if u guys would like to come look at it im in sgv so anyone thats close or if someone wants to trade for a gsx thats a 5 speed im whiling lol since i do go in the snow and i really cant with just front wheel

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Buy these and see if your problem goes away these are the revised lifters that get rid of that annoying lifter tick.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/custome ... 355&page=1

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:53 pm
DSM Regular

haha thanks wally but i need money first haha and figure out the knocking

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]