[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Inop GST, nooby dsm owner, please help
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Inop GST, nooby dsm owner, please help 
DSM Regular

Post Inop GST, nooby dsm owner, please help
Wat up LADSM,
i own a black 98 eclipse gst which recently broke down on my way back from school, she started smoking everywhere, heard some ticking as i accelerated and eventually she gave out, shes mostly stock except for a cat back exhaust, greddy BOV and tien springs & struts.
i need some advice on fixing and upgrading my car while keeping her street legal but fast
i need a new suspension kit, i want to upgrade my turbo to a 16g with anything else needed in the car for that upgrade, new compressor, fix all the leaks and some serious electrical troubleshooting because she starts sometimes, ive taken her to firestone and they said the electrical components are fine, its a loose wire somewhere that is not letting me start the car at random times which requires me to push start her, ive removed the valve cover and the cams look fine, im thinkin it might have been the stock turbo that went bad but thats just an assumption, i did drive that car from VA to PA, Pa to NY, NY back to VA, VA to AZ and finally AZ to CA
any help i can get from all ya experienced peoples would be higly appreciated

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: Inop GST, nooby dsm owner, please help
what kind of ticking was it? like valves hitting pistons ticking? turbo normaly dont tick when they die lol.

i would check to see if your timing belt is in good shape and if your engine is still timed right. does the engine turn over still?

does it try to start or does it just turn over really fast and you have no compression.

how many miles are on the car? how many miles have you put on the car? and have you ever had the timing belt replaced?

just take the questions one at a time lol

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]