[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 98 GSX
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
98 GSX 
DSM Regular

Post 98 GSX
hey guyz so one of my friends just upgraded everything on his car and gave me his evo8 turbo almost new, hks 272 n 264 cams and 880 cc precision injectors so wut would i need to put on the turbo with stock exhaust manifold and would the cams fit on my car or anyway to make em fit i am sure their not but still there might be a way so if any one got anything shoot it. Also, i dont wanna put a front mount intercooler is there a stock style one that will do the job or do i have to get a front mount? another thing i am going to do all this on my 7 bolt motor untill i get my 2.3 stroker on my 6 bolt is it ganna be safe to do this or it might blow on me with arp head studs???....

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 am

Post Re: 98 GSX
There's a lot of people the ask the same question but the evo 8 turbo spins backwards and won't work on our cars. As for the cams I'm not sure. You can maybe try and run a supra sidemount intercooler but you should go the FMIC route.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 am
DSM Regular

Dame that suck I really wanted to put on the turbo the most...

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 am
Post Master

You can't use the turbo, or the cams. Sell them and make some money, but an EVO 3 16g instead, they are pretty much just as good.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 am
DSM Regular

Well I would but my friend wants the parts I can't use back so he can sell it... he told me wut ever fits keep the rest his ganna sell it.... so I guess for now just biger injectors n fule pump n I ma look for some good cames any suggestions on wut cames I should go with?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am

For cams it depends what your power goals are. Usually the most common setup people run is HKS 272 and 264 cams.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:28 am
DSM Regular

Well when the 6 bolt motor is done I ma take everything off this motor n put it on the 6 bolt witch I am trying to get 360-400whp so u think 272 n 272 would be good enought?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:32 am
Post Master

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:46 am
DSM Regular

Cool but do think I would need a stoker kit for 360whp on e85?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

10.67@126mph

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:57 am
Profile YIM
Post Master

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:06 pm
DSM Regular

Iinteresting I guess I'll save the money for the stroker n use it on the shepert trany n see how much power I can make with the stet up I ma do... thx

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:12 pm
DSM Regular

As I understand it, Stroker kits are for more Torque than HP numbers. Bigger motors makes more torque usually.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 pm
Squish Face

You also need a way to control those bigger injectors you have, you won't be able to just slap them on and go. I hope you already knew this. If you really want ~400whp on e85 you'll need a turbo that can flow enough to produce this number. And btw a sidemount isn't gonna really cut it after more than a pull. You'll end up heat soaking it pretty quickly.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Well when I go e85 I ma put 1000cc injectorse gt30 probebly n change my ecu to evo 8 and have rr tune it or my friends tuner Rick really good tuner.... for the inter cooler I figured it wasn't ganna work but oh well I guess I have no choice but to put a front mout wut do u think of godspeed is it a good brand?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next