[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - No leak..now what?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
No leak..now what? 
Post Master

Post No leak..now what?
So after FINALLY doing a boost leak, i find no leaks anywhere.
I pressurized the system to 20 psi, sprayed everything with soapy water and nothing.
Yet, when i punch it theres a nasty hiss when my gauge reads barely 5psi.
Is it possible that the loud hiss is coming from the intake?
I have k&n fipk filter with stock intake pipe, but all 3 nipples have came off but i put them back in they "seem" to be ok tho.
Also, the smic has seen better days, it has some nasty bents to it.
All advice welcome.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Post Re: No leak..now what?
Just because you didnt hear anything doesnt mean you dont have a leak. Have you tried doing the boost leak at the TB maybe your lower injector seals are gone. How fast did the boost gauge needle drop when you went to 20 psi. The needle should have dropped slowly and not fast.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:07 pm
Post Master

Hmm. havent done the tb test.
Ill do that next.
And i didnt check the gauge since i was by myself. :(
Im assuming that it doesnt matter if the gauge is electrical correct?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Are you sure the hiss isn't the turbo sucking in air?

If the leak is bad enough for you to hear inside the car, it would be very obvious when you hook up the boost leak tester.

10.67@126mph

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:00 am
Profile YIM
Post Master

That's what I thought so too, when I pressurized it to 20psi I thought a coupler would blow out since the hiss is at 5psi.
But, I'm still with the t25, is it normal for it to be hissing that loud if it's the turbo making noise?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am

Does the car run bad when in boost? That's the main symptom of a boost leak, the car runs pig rich because it's losing all kinds of counted air. Does it sputter and breakup when under boost? I've never had a T25 or a 2g so I couldn't tell you how it behaves normally..

10.67@126mph

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:01 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]