[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Gizzmo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Gizzmo 
DSM Regular

Post Gizzmo
Ok so i have a Gizzmo ms-ibc electronic boost controller i was talking to a fellow member the other night and he had never heard of them. I was looking up reviews and found a lot of positive ones but they were mostly on supra forums. I wanted to if anyone knows this item or has herd about personal experiences.

Here are some of the specs:
*Adjustable up to 50lb (3.5 bar)
*Selectable open/closed loop boost control
*Remote scramble/boost memory facility *
* 40mhz high speed RISC processor
* Multi-scramble boost
* Over boost warning
* 6 boost memories

thanks!

Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm
Squish Face

Post Re: Gizzmo
IMO unless your ecu has an interface with an EBC its kind of pointless. But if you do have your heart set on an electronic controller the simplest to use is usually the best, such as the AEM tru boost. One thing i do like about an EBC over a standard manual controller is the ability to have better control over your boost curve.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I dont have my heart set on it i just have it and i want info on it before i install it. But that is what i like about ebc is the convince compared to a mbc.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 pm
Squish Face

The reason i mentioned boost curve, only applies to people trying to push their turbo's beyond their limits IE trying to make my 16g hold as close to 30psi@redline as possible. The average dsm guy out there isn't gonna really need to do anything like that. If you have it already then throw it in, or possibly try to sell it and buy other mods you might need.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Yah i wont be going to crazy i have a stock turbo. I think i will just save it for when i start doing mods.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:23 pm
Squish Face

I think you missed my point. But either way as long as you can control boost you'll be alright.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]