[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Noise coming out from first gear
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Noise coming out from first gear 

Post Noise coming out from first gear
So today Sam adjusted my clutch which is shifting WAY better now. However I dont know if this is common thing or if its normal. I thought adjusting the clutch would make the noise go away but it didnt. Also after Sam adjusted the clutch my pedal got softer but still shifts WAY better then before.

When I take of from first gear and say I rev up to about 2.5k if I completely let go of the gas pedal and push in the clutch pedal it goes dadadadada<------ really fast, but if I keep my foot on the gas just a lil bit and not completely let go of the gas pedal and push in the clutch it wont do it. The noise gets louder and you can actually feel it a lot more if you let the rpms drop like your engine braking and then press in the clutch and it makes the noise again but even worse. I try as much as I can to not completely let go of the gas pedal to avoid making that noise. What can it be improper flywheel step they said it was at .609. Also its a brand new fork and ball and a ACT 2100 PP with ACT street disc. OEM master and slave (restrictor not removed). Full SS line master to slave.Total miles is at 702. It only does it in first gear and not the rest 2-5 and R are good no noises. Im also running DOT 3 brake fluid as clutch fluid dont know if that has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?? Bleed again??

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Post Re: Noise coming out from first gear
Well I just bled my clutch again and the noise is still there. Im starting to think something is up with my flywheel here is why. When I took it to them (machine shop) I told them to resurface the flywheel and make sure it was at the correct step height. Turns out all they did was just resurface the flywheel. Reason I bring this up I ran into a thread and said the part where the pressure plate bolts on to need to be stepped. I went over to the machine and found this out to that they did not do this at all. What should be some symptoms of a improperly stepped flywheel and a powder coated starter plate. I know when you powder coat something it gets thicker or should it not matter. Im saying like maybe space out the tranny from the engine. Im at a lost here and also could the improperly stepped flywheel cause my TOB to start dying so early. One more thing can the flywheel not being stepped cause chatter??. I should say the flywheel was not stepped at AT ALL!!!. Am I looking at another clutch job :(

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:53 pm

If if goes away when you push in the clutch it could be the TOB dragging on the pressure plate.

10.67@126mph

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

You got solid motor mounts yet? I remember your clutch engagement being kinda harsh.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile WWW

I just have the regular prothane motor mounts you guys sell. Every now and then I feel slight vibrations coming out from 1st gear not grinding but very very minimal if I pay attention to it. The noise I'm afraid of is how the car feels when I just push in the clutch to go to second. I can literally feel it throughout the whole car. Are these symptoms of a bad TOB and flywheel that wasn't stepped right. I really don't want to get rid of this car can someone help me out :(

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]