[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Proper Break In Period?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Proper Break In Period? 
DSM Regular

Post Proper Break In Period?
Ok so this might sound like a stupid question but what do u guys think proper break in would be on a 7 bolt that got rebuilt mind you everything is stock on the car i cant really figure this out and i would like your guys oponion on it thanks
-kyle

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:28 am
frank the tank

Post Re: Proper Break In Period?
I would break it in for 500 miles in city driving change the oil and do 500 miles on the freeway but take it easy

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:01 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

beacuse the kid i bought the car off of spun a crank bearing and i rebuilt the whole thing and im really close to haveing it done and just dont know what or how to have the pistions set and ect everything stock so im not bootin stupid high yet although i herd u can get 15 psi out of a t25 is that true

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 am
frank the tank

Try to work on your spelling please thanks

But Yes the t25 is capable of boosting 15 psi but it will die out to 12 psi.

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:14 am
Profile YIM

Drive it uphill a lot. Brake with the engine as in go into first then second and let the motor rev high and let it slow down by itself. On my rebuild 7 bolt I did exactly as above and my rings sealed just fine with 170 across the board. Change the oil every often I changed it first at 50 miles then 150 then 300 and so on. I did 7 oil changes in the 1000 brake in period. I remember someone told me to put load on the motor so the rings can seat well. You'll be fine at 15 psi that's what I had when I was on my t25

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 am
DSM Regular

ok well 12 is better then what stock is also how would i go about geting it up that high and ok ill go wallys way it looks best and what do you consider uphill beacuse i really dont like driving canyons one reason thats how i lost my truck was rolling down gmr 6 times and sorry about the spelling im not the best at it haha

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:24 am

What I meant by that was just drive around in second gear basically. Just keep driving your rpms will rise 2k 3k4k5k etc and let the engine slow down the car without using the brake pedal unless you need to. Do this around empty streets avoid main streets for safety. Make sure you use your whole rpm range and don't stay in a certain rpm for long periods or time. Drive the car normally and with the usual engine brake every so often I would avoid freeway driving but if you must get on the freeway then go for it. Just don't stay on the same rpm for a long time. Drop down to 4th then speed up and let the rpms drop then speed up again etc. Also what I meant by uphill was not the canyons I meant around where you live. Drive uphills and etc. Also the freeway thing do it on the slow lane and when there no traffic. Do frequent oil changes I did all the above and my motor was good to go after you've done around 1k miles check compression and also check for leaks and all that good stuff.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:32 am
DSM Regular

sweet thanks wally and how would i go about turning the boost up from stock to 15 and i also heard that a engine break in kills the turbo no matter what is that true

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:48 am

Usually everyone does that boost control solenoid mod thing. You just remove a little restrictor inside the bcs with a small woodscrew. Another way is just to buy the boost controller from RRE they go for I think 30 buxs you don't need no fancy boost controller where you can up the boost from inside the car. I read that lack of oil changes within the break in period kills the turbo because of the excess wear get in the bearings. My turbo didn't die it spooled the same and I had no shaft play at all.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 pm
DSM Regular

pmed

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:08 pm
Squish Face

The initial startup and first drive are the most important, they will determine if your rings will seat corectly or not. Like already mentioned lots of engine breaking and load will be what you need. Also hope that motor got a new crank after it spun a bearing.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

haha it did it got a very nice one and what do you guys mean by load i dont quite understand that

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:44 pm
Goderator

When your car is sitting in neutral and you rev it, there's no load on the motor (resistance) When you're driving up a hill towing a trailer with your 400 lb Aunt Susie, that's a lot of load. The more workload that is put on your engine means load.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]