[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 97 gsx
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
97 gsx 

Post Re: 97 gsx
Is your check engine light on?? Did you do a boost leak test??

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:58 pm
DSM Regular

yeah.. check engine light is on..coolent temp sensor and maf sensor. i replaced the maf but not the coolean temp.replacing the maf didnt help though. Im not so sure on how to test for leaks.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:29 pm

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-to ... -02-a.html

^^ heres a link on how to make your own and how to do the actual test. It cost like 5 buxs to make the tester.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:47 pm
DSM Regular

dude, where in LA r u located? would u like and check it out. this is my first 2nd gen and i would really appreciate for someone to look at it with a bit more experience with these cars. thx

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:51 pm

If I recall correctly if your temp sensor Is bad you never leave open loop, because your car doesn't think it's upto temp so you will run like shit. Fix that and let us know.

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:21 pm
Post Master

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 pm
DSM Regular

so we did a boost leak test today and found out several things were bad.Had a leak at the bov, and tb seals.One more thing Maf is not reading, wiring issue.So for now.... find and fix the wiring problem or get a harness and replace what i have and then finish testing for boost leaks.Much thanks to Wally and Boosted1g for their help.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

So turns out the wiring problem was from one of the plugs at the ecu not being pluged correctly. The second was bad ground on the coolent temp sensor.Car runs a lot better but I still think I have boost leak somewhere, time for more testing!next thing on the list after fixing the boost leak will be the suspension, car handles like crap.I'll keep u guys posted on any updates!

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:32 pm
DSM Regular

Turns out im still not done fixing all the problems.ive had the car parked for weeks now since the suspension sucks.yesterday i went ahead and installed megans on the ride but find out the driver side axle is broken.One more thing, after lowering the car to check the ride height i noticed the right side is taller than the driver side.I measured all the coilovers to make sure they were all set to the same height and they are.does this have to do with the actaul weight of the car?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I think thats a normal thing on these 2gs. My Gs does the same thing. it seems a bit lower on the passenger side

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:57 pm
Profile YIM
Squish Face

That's why you have adjustable suspension... But it wouldn't hurt to inspect the rest of the suspension components and see if anything looks physically bent.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:14 pm
Talon of Doom

no, only issue with this is that it will preload your sway bar.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next