[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 97 gsx
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
97 gsx 
DSM Regular

Post 97 gsx
so a few weeks back i purchased a gsx...its been down ever since. i baught it knowing it had a blown head gasket.....but...turns out a whole lot is wrong with the car.piston rings were bad,radiator support was cracked, some of the wiring was burn, tranny was bad and i bet if i keep diggin ill find more stuff.so as far as progress goes....the 2g head was machined and checked,piston rings were replaced with hastings,the radiatior support was also cut out and waiting to get replaced by another oem support.the tranny is also getting replaced.just waiting to replace all the bearings to put everything back together.on another note,im thinking on getting a few upgrades,opinions are welcome.firt off, punishment racing front mount,srs catback and downpipe.the car came with a 16 g turbo so im not planning on upgradint that yet..any imput on this would be great,i know theres a few guys on here that really know there stuff...ill be needing a tune so if someone's around the LA are let me know.thx for ur time.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Post Re: 97 gsx
While you're workingon it, do the timing belt components, water pump, etc. As far as upgrades, get it running first, then start nodding it. If you do too much to your car then you won't be able to trouble shoot if something goes wrong since you won't know what each mod did to the car. But I'd go with injectors ECMlink a wideband, exhaust, fmic,O2 housing, fuel pump, e85 and get it tuned by sam at road race engineering.

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 pm
DSM Regular

sounds good...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 pm
DSM Regular

Let sam work his magic :-o

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:04 pm
Post Master

^^
First worry about your maintnance then worry about your upgrades.
You dont wanna spend a grip on mods and the first 10 miles you drive it, you snap your timing belt. :wink:
But your making a progress, keep working on it.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 pm
DSM Regular

Well..I have worked on the basics..replaced the timing belt.new trans fluid,new transfer case fluid,new belts,arp head studs,just trying to get some opinions and what would be some good upgrades.I have searched but just trying to see what u guys think.thx for ur comments though.I guess my main concern is tuning it and getting some real power out of it.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:24 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

i have a core/rad support if u need one

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:59 am
DSM Regular

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:54 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

im in san bernardino

and the price? i donno depends on if i have to get it off for you or if your going to come and take it off

make me an offer

u can txt me

Last edited by Black_gst on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:55 am
Talon of Doom

Why does everyone act like I know what I'm doing when I tune? I just scream and smack the keyboard like a monkey and shit just works. :mrgreen:

As with everyone, sounds like you are going in the right direction, make it run right first, then make it run fast. Whenever the car is ready to tune, let me know.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:43 pm
DSM Regular

i just have a quick question, its a bit off topic but here we go,hopefuly someone on here can help.How do i wire slim fans on a 3g?i tried searching but had no luck.thx

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:25 pm
DSM Regular

Ok guys... The car is down and running! But I'm having a small issue.The car hesitates to start but after the first try is turns on with no problem, the real issue is that it bogs a lot and a whole lot of black smoke comes out the exhaust.in first gear at around 25 k rpm the car stutters and at wot the car just doesn't fell good at all, lt loses power.at times I hear Loud pops (misfire?) I neeeds ur help guys!!!

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Are you recirculating your bov? If not then do so, it causes you to sometimes shut off when comin to a stop,run rich as fuck, Backfire as well. Also what's the shape of the turbo?

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:24 pm
DSM Regular

Yes, I'm recirculating the bov. It's a stock set up with a 16g and a fmic.the car has come a long way compared to what it was.I really want to fix this before I continue with the rest. Thx for the suggestion.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next