[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 5 speed swap DONE car wont start and high idle
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
5 speed swap DONE car wont start and high idle 

Post 5 speed swap DONE car wont start and high idle
Im having starting issues with my car after the 5 speed swap. The car wont crank over AT ALL or show any sign of it wanting to crank over. The battery at first was showing 8.7 volts then I had my dad try and give me a jump start but nothing and the volts did go up to around 10.7. So after I moved the wires on the POS side I had them wired wrong. After I fixed it, I was hooking up the POS terminal and saw sparks and I said yyyeessss its making contact but still nothing it just wont simply crank over AT ALL and no sign of the starter clicking or anything. When I put the key in the ON position everything lights up normally even the turbo timer, but once I try and turn on the parking lights, the boost gauge, and the turbo timer turn off wtf!!!!!. Then I tell myself ok bad battery so I go and pull the one of the altima which is new and works but im still showing 10.7 or 10.8 volts WTF!!!!!. Same symptoms occur with the new battery. The brakes were acting up when I stepped on the brake pedal they wouldnt turn on at all turns out it wasnt connected but then I hooked it up and it worked. Out of nowhere they stopped working and just remained lit and then then they turned off out of nowhere. I did break the clutch switch but before it happened it I tried starting the car with the clutch switch off -nothing- with the cluch switch hooked up -nothing. Also I am missing one ECU relay I think its either the MPI relay or MFI relay one of the two. I did check all the fuses made sure all the sensors where hooked up properly but nothing let me know if you think you know the problem and ill try anything.

Corey I know you did a FWD auto to 5 speed AWD swap on your car maybe you can chime in and help me out since im at a total lost.

GUARANTEED BEER TO WHOEVER FIGURES MY PROBLEM OUT ANY BEER ANY PACK. ILL GO GET IT RIGHT NOW!!!!! LOL

Last edited by Wally on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: 5 speed swap DONE car wont start
like I was saying try to put a positive wire from the battery to the solenoid just to see if it will turn over from there. even without the mpi relay there should be no reason the car wont turn over. didnt you say you were able to get it to turn over before when you found you werent getting fuel or spark? what have you done since trouble shooting the no fuel no spark issue? mpi or mfi relay is likely cause of those since its not there. check all your fuses as when you hooked up the battery backwards something may have fried.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:32 pm
helmet polisher

fried your ecu, that's what happens when you connect it backwards, i speak from experience while putting it in wrong in a rush with no fucking light :(

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Naw theres a misunderstanding I didnt hook up the battery backwards I meant the wires that go from the fuse to the battery that what I re did. All I did was well that just it I didnt do anything besides throw on the MPI fuse thats its.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:15 pm
Goderator

Push start it and see what happens.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 pm

I wont be able to get it out from my steep as backyard I have like two feet to push start it lol but im thinking its the missing starter relay or something but I can bypass this using the push button start right??

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 pm
Goderator

Yes

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 am

You're getting close Wally, I'm sure it's something simple.

Check all your positive leads to the battery. Make sure you didn't miss one, check around the battery box, on top of the tranny, follow the cable from the starter etc etc. Make sure it's not something really simple.

Sounds like you're going to have to jump the 2 wires on the park/neutral switch if you ever want it to work right.. so you might as well do it. That might get your car turning over but I have a feeling it's not going to run without the MPI relay, kind of hard for an engine to run w/o fuel :wink:

10.67@126mph

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:37 am
Profile YIM

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:56 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

i dont know if you need a fuse for a push button starter... i have one on my talon and i cheated and took power from inside the car (cig lighter) ran that to the button and hooked that right up to the solenoid on the starter. also i used all 14 gauge wire

Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:01 pm
DSM Regular

that should be more than enough. hell a 10-15 would have been plenty.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Kind of something simple, but have you checked to make sure that the park wire on the ECU isnt grounding out? On an auto car, the car has to be in park or neutral to start, maybe the ECU isnt getting the signal? Also check the clutch safety switch. Just an idea. If there is no click or anything, it sounds like the starter isnt getting the signal.

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Next thing to try is.. throw a big rock at it while screaming cuss words. Works sometimes..? :twisted:

10.67@126mph

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 am
Profile YIM

/\ LMMFAO...that works on ocassion!!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:00 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next