[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Jacks Transmission????????
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Jacks Transmission???????? 
DSM Regular

Post Jacks Transmission????????
Okay im down to the last step to my engine build "the tranny" so i know a lot of you referred me to Jacks Transmissions. so i was looking at the different stages and prices they offer, so i would like your guys opinion on what stage should i go with...
Stage 2.1 $1,499.99
stage 2.3 $1,649.99
stage 3.1 $2,349.99

if any of you can look into the difference in all these stages and tell me which one i should really go for..... the thing i like about all these three stages is that they all have the 4spider dif. so what do you guys think is really the best choice????? save myself some money and go with the 2.1 or just go with a premium 3.1..... or just stick with the mid range stage 2.3 which is going to give me a lil of both worlds.......?????????

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: Jacks Transmission????????
It really all depends on your goals and how the car will be used

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:18 pm
DSM Regular

yeah,,, well my goal is to have LSD in the front wheels and thats what the 4spider dif is going to do for me...and well horse power goal im looking at the high 400s hp, maybe low 500s hp.... i have had people tell me just the throw on the stock tranny and get it over with hahahaha so yeah i like to gather other opinions before i make my decision........ i just want to build this car right.....

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:25 pm
Squish Face

4 spyder ceynder diff is NOT a front lsd. Jack clearly lists whats included in each of his stages on his website. I don't care what tranny you buy at 500+whp it will break. But if its just a toy car, a weekend warrior kinda car then it will probably last you longer.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:01 pm
Talon of Doom

If you read whats in the tranny, its not like its some great god. All trans builders USE STOCK MITSU GEARS for all their non dogbox application. In the end its not even the fact that its stock gears that have been loved, its the fact that the gears are helical, and when load is applied the gear stacks want to move in opposite directions. The case being made of aluminum, expands slightly, causing the cogs to not engage face to face, but on edge. Then gears shred. Any of those transmissions will take to drag launching with a 4-spider center diff. A stock one will too.

Only great thing about any of these, or any other "built", transmissions is how well they will shift at high RPM.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

i thought the 4spider diff was a type of LSD vs. the welded dif. ahhhhh well im trying to have all around lsd... and well by the info you guys are giving me, i might as well save myself some money and get the stage 2.1......

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:08 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:56 pm
DSM Regular

do any of you know where i can get an LSD tranny???????

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:49 am
Talon of Doom

you want front LSD or what? Why are you so set on LSD? Are you FWD or something? Or your are trying to make this car turn better.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:48 pm
Goderator

get a tr-6060.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:02 pm
DSM Regular

well i pretty much want the LSD for handling purposes...so yeah better turning, i have a GSX.... but i dont know, the way im looking at it, i might just get the 2.1 stage rebuild.....
and whats the tr-6060???????

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 pm
DSM Regular

hahahahaha yeah he was hahahaha

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next