[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - clutch pedal giving me a headache
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
clutch pedal giving me a headache 
DSM Post Whore

Post clutch pedal giving me a headache
I was driving my talon around today and it was feeling fine at first after a while I noticed the pedal didnt go down as far as it used to. I pushed down a little harded and noticed there was still some more travel if I pushed hard enough. As soon as I did that when I pushed the pedal down the gears became hard to put in, kinda like putting the gears in with out the pedal in. I just changed the slave and master cylinders an the fluid is where its supposed to be. Any suggestions? It sucks not being able to fix it myself and don't have cash to continuously fix it so........ you guys might see my talon on craigslist soon if I can't get this fixed.

Last edited by Tsi_AWD_Talon on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:55 pm
Goderator

Post Re: clutch giving me a headache
Check the fork position if the fluid isn't low.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Don't want to sound like an ass but are you sure you bled the system correctly?

10.67@126mph

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Post Whore

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:13 pm
DSM Regular

sounds like you may have pulled the fork off the pivot ball some how. do as christ said and check the fork position and see if it has excessive movement with the slave cylinder off.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:30 pm
DSM Post Whore

Ill have to look this up on dsm tuners to get a visual so I can compare, is this hard to fix?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Is the fork hitting the bell housing when your clutch pedal is pressed down?

10.67@126mph

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 am
Profile YIM
DSM Post Whore

Im going to have look at it later today I'm at work at the moment. How does this happen though? The car great just before. :evil:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:09 am
Goderator

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clut ... eltech.htm
Bottom of page.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:33 am
Post Master

Post Re: clutch pedal giving me a headache
were do you live? I can make me come over and help you to check out the fork.If you want.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:02 pm
DSM Post Whore

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 am
DSM Post Whore

hey thanks for all the advise guys, it wasnt as hot today so my friend helped me check the car out. Turned out to be the part of the clutch master cyl that goes through the firewall was bent and not pushing far enough. Anyone seen this before? what happened to it haha?

Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:57 pm
Goderator

Post a picture but off the top of my head, unit being insecure or your pedal assembly being jacked up comes to mind.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:12 pm
DSM Post Whore

It looks like the little stub got bent and it wouldnt extend as far as it should

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next