[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Gaskets!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Gaskets! 
Post Master

Post Gaskets!
I have everything else ready to go just the gaskets which seem to be a pita to find as a whole.
Im using the 2g/1g combo, so i need a 7 bolt overhaul head kit and a 6 bolt bottom end overhaul kit.
I found the head kit but apparently i need to buy every gasket separately for the bottom end. :?
For those of you who have used this combo, where can i find for what im looking for?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:09 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: Gaskets!
from my past experience I had to buy a complete 1g kit then the 2g gaaskets separate the only difference is the intake gasket and thermostat housing gaskets. I get everything from extremepsi.com. or get in touch with RRE they may be able to help you more.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Is this the one you need its only 75 buxs. Its for the 6 bolt short block only.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/custome ... 744&page=1

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:00 pm
DSM Regular

the fel-pro gasket set imho is a POS I only recommend the OEM gaskets as they are much better quality. that set doesnt come with the o-ring for the oil cooler.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:30 pm
Post Master

Wally, OEM only dude.
Fm, is that the only difference?
Can someone tell me the difference in gaskets? What about the head gaskets? As in the valve seals and all that good stuff?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 pm
DSM Regular

the valve seals will be the same between the 1g and 2g heads. the head gasket will also be the same. all of the cam seals will be the same along with the valve cover gaskets and the cas gasket. depending on which water neck you have will depend on the gaskets for it. if its the 2g water neck then the gasket between the head and housing will need to be from a 2g set along with the o-ring for the water pipe. other wise 1g will use the 1g gasket and no o-ring as the hose goes on the water pipe. I hope I didnt confuse you too bad.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:56 pm
Post Master

I thought the 1g and 2g hgs were different??
I'm using the stock 2g water neck, obviously with a 1g water pump.
I'm assuming I need a 2g gasket for that?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 pm
DSM Regular

the only difference that i can think would be the stud holes being smaller on a 2g head gasket. but with the head being fitted to a 6 bolt the 1g would need to be used but a 2g could be used when the holes are enlarged. I have used 1g and 2g head gaskets on mine with no ill effects. currently im using an oem mls though.

and yes you will need the 2g water neck gasket and o-ring.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:37 pm
Post Master

Well I'll be more than likely just be getting the 6 bolt kit, in total how many different gaskets would I need to buy separately?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:15 am
Squish Face

Head gaskets are the same for dsm 6 bolt and 7 bolt motors. The gaskets for most of the bottom end are different and are not interchangable. Mitsubishi doesn't make a gasket "kit" We have to order every gasket individually when we're putting a motor together at the shop. So if you want oem gaskets, you won't find a kit unless someone somewhere was bored and lonely and felt like tossing something together. There really aren't that many gaskets so its not that big of a hassle to get the parts. If you don't feel comfortable finding the correct gaskets for your specific engine then shoot me an email at Gus@roadraceengineering.com and ill help you out with part numbers.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:47 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

if you get the complete overhaul then you will only need the intake gasket thermostat housing gasket water neck gasket and o-ring

also the oem kit comes with a 2 ply exhaust gasket if you want to upgrade it then they have the 4 ply ones

Intake gasket
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/custome ... 863&page=1

4 ply exhaust gasket
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/custome ... 863&page=2

complete 6 bolt overhaul gasket set
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/custome ... 863&page=2

and i cant find a good place to get just the 2g waterneck gaskets.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]