[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Removing charcoal canister and relocating battery
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Removing charcoal canister and relocating battery 

Post Removing charcoal canister and relocating battery
Ive been reading a lot about this and cant make up my mind on what to do or how to do it. First I read just leave it like that, cap it, check valve.... etc. I also herd the gasoline evaporates or something like that I know there are some guys in here that dont have it. I finished my front wiring harness and i like how cleaned it looked without it. What did you guys do about the charcoal canister?? Someone told me I can get vapor lock in the lines or something like that???????

I also wanted to relocate my battery to the trunk or somewhere else. Where do you guys have your battery at if you have it relocated. Is there an easier way to do it without buying the kit or something. I will get a sealed battery like a optima. I herd the gases the battery makes are bad.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:53 pm
Squish Face

Post Re: Removing charcoal canister and relocating battery
The proper way to relocate your battery is to get properly gauged wire (expensive) and a battery box, or a dry cel battery.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

I just removed the CC & vent the line. All it does is re-route gas vapors (Hydrocarbons) back into the intake to burn off. Remove it & watch your car jump up another 51 to 52.758 horsepowa!!

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Pull out that CC and leave the line alone, you won't have any problems with it.

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

I put a honda pcv valve on mine it should let air in to the line but not out

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 pm
DSM Regular

If you relocate the battery to the rear be prepared that if you go to any local tracks that they may require an external cut-off switch. to pass tech.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:32 pm

10.67@126mph

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 am
Profile YIM

You'll also need a sealed battery box, even with a sealed style battery.

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:00 am

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

who got caught??? LOL

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:01 am
Profile WWW

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Alright well I guess I will just leave the line alone from the charcoal canister.

About the relocation kit ive been reading a lot about since I want to do it right. I dont want anymore fire hazards on my car lol.

Ive been following this thread but theres just to many ways of relocating the battery. Does anybody have a simple and effective and safe way of relocating the battery. Ill also consider buying a relocating kit but I want to know how to wire up everything. My car probably will never see track days so I dont plan on running a kill switch anytime soon.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie- ... t151999682

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]