[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Godspeed 20g anyone?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Godspeed 20g anyone? 
Post Master

Post Godspeed 20g anyone?
Since I'm doing an overhaul might as well send the t25 home as well.
Anybody ever used the Godspeed Super 20g??
I know it's eBay but it read couple articles that it's worth the $400 despite being and eBay turbo.
Opinions?
I've personally have never come across an MHI 20g, so don't know how much they go for.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSPEED ... 5632wt_992

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Post Re: Godspeed 20g anyone?
Personally I wounld never run an ebay turbo. It's too much of a risk for me. But some people have had good luck with them (like Joe for example) You can get a true Mitsubishi 20G off the fuso trucks. What are you plans with the car? and what hp goals are you looking for?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:10 pm
Post Master

Eh, if I buy a 14b/16g ima need the upgrade kit which comes out to be like $200 plus turbo 14b: $100
16g: $250
Total average of $400.
Same crap.
Honestly I want a street friendly turbo, keeping it under 20psi with all mods for sure.
To find a Fuso truck where I live is a mission.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 pm
Squish Face

I really don't know why people spend hundreds of dollars to get an ebay turbo. 16g's ok maybe, they're like 200 bucks with the whole chinabay install kit or something. But $400? that's just ridiculous. If you can't afford to buy a turbo that has been proven to work then save up and when you have enough do it then. I would much rather have a 14b on my car than some POS chinabay turbo.

*edit* just saw that post and its full of BS, first of all that adapter plate they provide will never seal correctly for an extended period of time. They don't know anything about what clipping or porting is really for, and to add to that they say their turbo will outflow/outlast a genuine MHI turbo? I call bullshit, if you do buy the turbo come to the shop and we'll see how much power it puts down compared to my 7cm hotside MHI.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Luvz teh Beer!!

All the spacers and adapters required to run that ebay 20g look like trouble, several more possible places for exhaust leaks.

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 pm
Post Master

Damn, just asking for opinions at the moment lol.
I guess it's a plus I haven't paid a penny for it. :lol:

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Only thing good from godspeed is their FMIC that i have.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:53 pm

I think you could find a used 20G for about that price. They bolt on to 2Gs a lot better because they dont need a J pipe. I even ran one on the stock sidemount for a couple of weeks on my car

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 am
Post Master

If someone can find me an MHI 20g, thatd be cool. :mrgreen:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 pm
Post Master

theres this place in sylmar that always be workin fuso's they might be a chance they have one laying around..

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:21 pm
Post Master

I did some further studies on the turbo, and looks like an MHI 20g is not internally gated, im assuming IF i find an MHI ima need an external wastegate.
True?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

There are MHI 20gs that are internally gated, mine is 8)

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 pm
Post Master

Nice shit. :D
Gotta finish the swap then work on turbo.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:21 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

you want to buy mine? im thinking about selling it mine is actually the Hanh super 20g its internaly gated and its T3 flanged. im thinking about selling it. i just had it rebuilt so its in almost new condition right now

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 am
Post Master

Well talk after im done with the swap.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next