[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - new engine acting strange
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
new engine acting strange 

Post new engine acting strange
well as some of you know i just got my car running with a rebuilt 6 bolt and last night i ran into a prblem.. i was in 1st gear coming out of a speed bump and i pushed the pedal 45% in when the car started to act weird! Its sounds like it is a rotary engine and then my rpms started to go a wall onme! they were reving down and up and the battery showed up in the cluster gauge and on top of that it was announcing i needed gas when it was on half tank! so i was wondering what can be the problem? also need to mention my new magnifol gasket sux cuz it is throwing out air for the last cylinder next to the timing belt.. it is on the lower side where the air is coming out from but i doubt that is the problem bcuz i was using the car like this from the start. but any profressional opiions or any once so ever are welcomed!

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:12 pm
Post Master

Post Re: new engine acting strange
First of all, what kind of gasket did you use?
Did you torque down to spec?
Made sure no vacuum or boost leaks are present?

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 pm

By pushing the pedal do you mean the gas or the clutch? That sounds like an electrical issue, like metal touching metal. Re-check everything, wiring, fuses, basically anthing you touched or had issues with. Also check the volts on the alternator and battery.

Second which Exaust manifold gasket did you use? Make sure all the studs have nuts and washers and that they are tight. The two on the end are bigger. If nothing, then go to RRE and buy there chingon 4 layer SS exhaust manifold gasket.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:49 pm

alright thanks guys for dsm99 yeah its a cheap felpro gasket thatcame with the head so i put it on for now but will go buy the ss 4 layer one tho! and what would b the torque spec exactly?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 am

Before you buy other stuff fix what's causing your motor to act funny. You'll live with leak but like pollo said check the alt battery fuses and anything electrical.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:51 am

yeah thanks for the help wally i just found out the spark plug coil is bad its not sparking two cylinders

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:27 pm
Talon of Doom

Well there you go. Fix it and report if it solved your problems at first I thought you might be having the random cylinder misfire most people get work 6 bolt swaps

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:08 pm
Profile WWW

yeah thanks sam i still need u to help me out to set the afc up!

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]