[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - What clutch to get?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
What clutch to get? 
Post Master

Post What clutch to get?
Finalizing my 6 bolt swap parts list and someone brought up to my attention that I should get a new clutch if ima be using a new lighten flywheel.
At the moment according to the previous owner I already have a competion stage 2 clutch that needs new tob. (already have an oem one).
Question is, what clutch to get?
Not going to take it to track or anything crazy just a DD looking for 300whp if at all.
Here's the list:
1. 2100 ACT
2.Stage 2 SPEC
3.Competition Stage 2

Lmk what you guys think I need is best

Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:53 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

Post Re: What clutch to get?

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Just go with the ACT 2100 and ACT street disc.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:50 pm
Squish Face

Never had any experience with the spec clutches, but ive heard good things. Personally i stick with ACT because they are proven to work, and have excellent customer support in case of warranty.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Post Master

Can someone explain the difference between the ACT's
-Street disc
-4 puck
-6 puck

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:35 am

10.67@126mph

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:18 am
Profile YIM
Post Master

Cool thanks red, did my research.
Has anybody heard of the brand "F-1 Racing"??
Just asking btw.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 pm
Post Master

F-1 dont recomend it. Just stick to act even if its a few more bucks, the cheap stuff turns out to be expensive.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:21 pm
Post Master

Cool, its either an act 2100 or spec stage 2.
anyways, is it MANDATORY to change the clutch when using a new flywheel?

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:41 pm
Goderator

Do you change your pads when you put on new rotors? (I hope you do)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Definitely ACT. I have a 2600 w/street disk. Stay away from anything else. And yes, you might as well change the clutch, throw out bearing, fork and pivot ball. I went OEM on those parts.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 am
Post Master

Yeh, probably just go with ACT RRE does have the cheapest kit I was able to find.
Thanks DSM99.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 am

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 am
Profile WWW

*yawn*

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 am

I'm running an ACT 2600 PP, Southbend segmented full kevlar disk and an ACT flywheel. This is by far the best combo I've ever ran in my car.

10.67@126mph

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:22 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next