[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - P0303 code!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
P0303 code! 
Post Master

Post P0303 code!
Yesterday I got my first cel, took it today my friends shop, scanned it and read P0303.
If I'm correct that's a misfire on #3.
My issue with busted rings is on #2 tho.
Can a VERY bad boost leak cause this code??

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:46 pm
Goderator

Post Re: P0303 code!
Check your spark plug.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 pm
Post Master

Or your cable.I had a DSM do that due to old spark plug cables that had holes in em and sparks would be finding there way out b3fore hiting the plug

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:08 pm
Post Master

NGK plugs were changed less the 1k miles ago, along with new NGK wires.
Ill check the plugs, i dont think its the wires.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm

What about the coilpack did you get that checked out just switch with a known good one. I have a working coilpack if you need to borrow one I borrowed the coilpack thats on my car right thinking mine was bad but it wasnt i got the same symptoms. Pull the spark plug and show a pic.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:34 pm
Post Master

I honestly dont know how to check a coil pack.
Ill post pics tomorrow of the plug on number 3.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:39 pm
Goderator

If this is the first time and the car isn't boggy or showing noticeable signs of a performance problem, I'd clear the code and drive it to see if it comes back up. If it does, then it's time to start checking your ignition system.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:55 pm
Talon of Doom

cracked coil pack will do this too, I've cracked it (somehow), but if you pull the wire out off the cylinder and hold it away from metal, you shouldn't see spark jump out anywhere around the coil area.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Post Master

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:58 pm
DSM Post Whore

Pull the wire off the plug and put it to something metal. If a spark comes out and hits the metal its working if not there's no spark.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:04 pm
Talon of Doom

no, pull the plug out of the cylinder while the car is running, keep it away from metal, we are trying to see if there is a break in insulation and spark is jumping out somewhere else

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:42 pm
DSM Post Whore

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:28 am
Post Master

Tried Sams idea and no spark.
Here are pictures of the plug on cylinder #3
I thought they were bpr6es but they are bp6ekn?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:39 pm

NGK BPR7ES!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next