[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Greddy electronic boost gauge wiring help!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Greddy electronic boost gauge wiring help!! 
Post Master

Post Greddy electronic boost gauge wiring help!!
Anybody know how to wire this bitch?
I tried the rre way, but theres like 2 wires exactly as rre describe, i need another way to wire.
BTW, i just need the electrical wiring..
Ground, Power, Lights & switch??

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Post Re: Greddy electronic boost gauge wiring help!!
I dont know if this will help you but my gauge I have it hooked up to the cigarette lighter the ground to the screw thats used for the stereo bracket and the 12v constant is to the power wire for the cig lighter. When I turn my parking lights on the gauge turns on dont know if its different for the G ready one.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:09 pm
Post Master

Cool thanks Wally!
Can you just tell me the color of the wires that go to the lighter??

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:52 pm
DSM Regular

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Post Master

I'll try the cigarette lighter since the wire is only so big.
Thanks I'm actually heading over to my buddies to put it on.
I'll post some pics when it's done. :D
Oh yeah! Is the switch wire mandatory to wire it up?
What exactly is it for?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:25 am

you can try to tap the power wire to any 12v wire and the light wire to the parking lights and the ground its self explanatory and i still dont know the switch one maybe the dimmer switch or something.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Talon of Doom

power to the cig lighter green wire with white connector on it. Ground to stereo bracket. Illumination wire to the green wire on the light bulb in the cig lighter.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Post Master

Thanks guys for the help.
I wired it up using the cig lighter, power was green wire with white stripe and the one to the bulb was blue with white stripes and the white connector, I didn't use the switch wire and worked fine.
At idle vacccum reads 18-20 and currently boosting 10 but creeps to 12 :(
Here are some pics of the gauge and where I mount it.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:28 pm

18- 20 vacuum is normal and normal boost pressure if your running wastegate pressure should be 12 psi.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:01 pm
Squish Face

turn up the boost.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:51 pm
Profile WWW

nice, i have that same gauge but black face. glad you got it working good.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm
Post Master

Haha, that's my next investment.
I need a mbc first and fix one last leak which I'm waiting for a coupler.
BUT, my antenna broke, dipstick broke and I got a s.o.b cel.
:'(

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Get a gauge pod.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:46 pm
Post Master

No, I hate how gauges on the pillar look and I don't want attention, that's why I have it tucked in. I just got my gauge holder today so that's what's holding it, not a zip tie. :D

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next