[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Fundementals for a DSM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Fundementals for a DSM 
DSM Regular

Post Fundementals for a DSM
so unfortunaly i will not be getting a car until i graduate from high school which is not that bad i suppose and have my eyes set on getting a 2g gst or gsx. But i would like to know what fundementals would be needed to make the most reliable DD. Parts like injectors or spark plugs or even extremes such as port and polishing... what would be a good list for parts to use to make it the most reliable as possible.thank you

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Post Re: Fundementals for a DSM
Most basic stuff and reliable parts are oem parts for water pump cooling accessories etc and you can always go with NGK sparks BPR7ES and NGK sparkplug wires.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:38 pm
DSM Regular

How much will all that run? what about the tranny?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:35 pm
DSM Regular

so basically taking it to rre once i get it drop a few bills and hope for the best right?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:03 pm
Goderator

Basically what you would do to any used car you purchase. Get all the maintenance up to speed along with anything else that is broken.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 pm
DSM Regular

yeah thank you christ/wally

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 pm
Post Master

Arent BPR7ES too cold for a stock set up?
I thought BPR6ES was the stock plug?
Getting a wrong plug can cause a bad start.
Like Wally & Christ said, OEM FTW.
And when you get a car, your gonna have to learn how to work on it yourself..UNLESS if you can cough up couple benjamins every time you need something done, then yeah.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:38 pm
DSM Post Whore

when i first got my car i was like :shock: WTF did i just get myself into. Stuff was breaking left and right and i was ready to get rid of it. So try to avoid that at all costs, do all the maintenance on it and it might prevent things from breaking and leaving you stranded, like my car has done. After you get everything working properly they're pretty reliable cars. Just remember keeping the car running isn't cheap and be prepared to shell out some cash. Good Luck

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Maintenance first and foremost. Then follow this

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:54 pm
DSM Regular

The best that can be said is this.
1.) Maintenance
2.) Repairs
3.) Supporting mods
4.) THEN Mods in the Right order.

I swear by this pattern because doing it this way increases reliability. Sadly, it stretches out how long it will take to get serious power down. But you'll spend less time on Jack stands.

Any car will drive til the weakest link breaks. If you are driving a stock car hard and something breaks, it's usually NOT that bad. But imagine the damage it could do if you had skipped right up to throwing tons of money at it only to have it tear itself apart because you were too cheap to replace a part that everyone says to replace. :) IE A timing belt going on a stock motor vs a Fully built motor with 3K worth of work done because you decided you didn't wanna buy a new belt tensioner.

Not to say you can't squirrel away parts for later. Just don't rush to install them. I've got a few hundred bucks worth of parts I haven't put on because I don't have everything I need yet. I wanna do it all at 1 time.

Swing over to DSMTuners and look through their upgrade paths and archives for questions. At the youngest cars being 11 years old, there are few questions that have NOT been asked.

Though Honestly, the pattern applies to everything really. Catch up on the maintenance and you know the parts are new. Repair bits and you don't gotta worry about it breaking for later. Supporting mods can increase your stock set up and prepare you for later, as well as spot problems that would be multiplied by a built set up. And then you do mods in the right order so that everything supports the later bits.

The only major difference is you'll quickly learn what you do and don't know, and then find people who do. :D

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:36 pm

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:59 pm
Post Master

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 pm
Squish Face

6's or 7's are fine for a stock setup. Although most people run 7's including myself.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next