[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - t-case rebuild
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
t-case rebuild 
N00b

Post t-case rebuild
So I took apart my t-case and found that the bearings on the output shaft was broken. I looked around for a rebuild kit and found one on ebay. Anyone buy that before and know if it is any good? If not anyone know where to buy parts for the t-case and does anyone know how I go about removing the bearing and replacing it? Thanks!

Ebay Item:

Bearing looks like this:

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:54 am
Talon of Doom

Post Re: t-case rebuild
I love the picture they supply. That's not even the right parts pictured, there isnt a gasket in the T-case for a DSM. Your going to need to re-shim everything to set backlash and make sure you get full tooth engagement. Unless you have experience with this type of stuff, just send it out to to a pro.
http://www.jackstransmissions.com/collections/t-cases
$350 flat rate, includes all parts, and labor.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

Any place closer to home in Long Beach or even California that can do it for that price or cheaper?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:28 pm
Goderator

You're paying for quality. If you find someone else that will do it for that price, he will not specialize in DSM's and increase your chance of getting a suspect rebuild. There's a couple reputable names in DSM drivetrain rebuilding and none of there are closer than 1000 miles to us.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 pm
N00b

Dang, another California fail... I guess I will get my t-case to jack's transmission. Any advice on shipping it out there?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 pm
Talon of Doom

UPS. Contact Jack MaGee himself. $350 is a steal for a no questioned asked t-case rebuild parts and labor inclusive. Consider labor is at least 3 hours (that's knowing what you are doing). Most shops charge around 60~100 an hour. So look at labor at $180~$300. Those "parts" you were scoping on ebay probably are made in china and WILL fail. So that $120 you spend is just flushed down the toilet when it hand grenades again. Not to mention the possibility of the rear wheel locking up when it grenades and you are driving down the freeway at 80mph and you spin out and kill family with 3 kids and the wife. You survive and the father survives. You now are fucked and wish you died. Jack uses OEM parts FROM MITSUBISHI, so you know it will last 100K+ miles (longer than the car will most likely), and he SPECIALIZES in DSM drivetrain parts, unlike Pablo at the shop in south central who does everything from Honda to Ford.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

Ok I just bought a used t-case and thougt everything was good until the t-case wouldn't slide all the way onto the driveshaft. After an hour of frustration I took off the case cover on the t-case and saw that the splines are slightly dented preventing the driveshaft to slide on smooth. I though of some options and was hoping for some advice.

1) get the shaft machine somewhere to make them straight?
2) take the shaft off my first t-case and use it to replace the shaft in t-case 2.
(if this is a good option can someone tell me how to remove the shaft.

Those are the two things I can think of any better ideas that are not too expensive would be great, thanks.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:30 pm
Talon of Doom

should of went to jacks transmission. You would had a new perfect working new t-case for the cost of a clutch and you would never have to touch it for a while.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:39 am
Profile WWW

how much was the t case like 100 then pay 150 to get it fixed and then the obvious seals to replace you should have just sent it to jack like Sam said it would have been fixed by now.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:51 pm
Goderator

Send them both in and have two perfectly working transfer cases.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]