[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - noob question about a starter replacement
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
noob question about a starter replacement 
DSM Regular

Post Re: noob question about a starter replacement
tested the starter at auto zone and it was fine. The problem is my anti theft kill switch. I took it to two shops in la and they both said it was the anti theft alarm and told me that I need to go to the mitsu dealer ship to have them reset the computer. Both shops hooked it up to a computer and was able to get it started but it kept shutting back off. Have anyone ever had this problem before. I was told that I couldn't cut the wire because I will cause more damage than good. I really don't want to have to go to the dealership because I know they is going to rape my wallet but I just might have too. :roll:

on the plus side at least I can change a starter now :partyman: thanks everybody for the help lol

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

the craziest thing happened today at the mistu dealership. After they rape my wallet for $100 buck to disconnect the anti-theft device, the starter goes out. I don't know if they were repsonsible for it or not but its just wierd that my starter was fine when I dropped it off. The service department guy told me that they can replace and fix it for $540 dollars. :wtf:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:46 pm
Profile YIM

WTF?!?! what dealer was it?

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:31 am

Tow your car home and just buy another starter from autozone and give them your old that's what I did its not worth it fighting with the dealership.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 am
Goderator

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:03 am
helmet polisher

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:58 pm
DSM Regular

The mitsu dealer ship at the traffic circle in long beach. Stay away from them like H1N1, because they are a bunch of crooks I took the starter off the first time to have it tested at autozone, and it was fine. Now I'm will be taking it off again this weekend.

I just want to thank everybody for helping be with this, and I'll let everybody know how it goes this weekend.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:37 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:38 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

check your battery

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 pm
DSM Regular

well back to square 1. I just took out the starter and got it tested at auto zone. The original starter is fine and pass with fly colors after testing it twice. So once again, the dealership don't know what the hell they was talking about. I'm so glad I'm learning how to work on my own car.

Is the ignition fuse located underneath the sterring wheel?? Right now the sun is gone so I will check it out some more tomorrow morning.

Is it possible that the of the injector plugs may need replacing? I'll keep searching for more information, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know...

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 pm
Profile YIM
Squish Face

Injector plugs have nothing to do with cranking over.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:16 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

once again I experience the craziest sh++ with my car. Today I put back in my old starter that was tested perfectly fine at auto zone. After putting it in the car starts. When i turned the car off and try to start it again the same problem as first stated at the begining of this thread. I'm just at a lost right now. The battery is fine and all the cables are bolted down. I tried to figure out how to look at the ignition switch but i just dont have a clue.

I will just have to call RRE tomorrow, unless anyone stay near saulson and normaidie can come by and help me out for a small price.

This suck :(

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:19 pm
Profile YIM
Goderator

Do what I did a make a starter button. PM me for details.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:01 pm
DSM Regular

I just wanted to time a little time out to apologize for flaming the Mistu dealership about saying my starter was not working properly. After taking up to RRE it turns out the starter I had was faulty but for some crazy reason it still pass Auto Zone starter test and it turned on when it was in the tester box. Sometimes it can be very crazy when you is trying to get your ride back on the street and just can't figure out what the heck is wrong, but its all apart of living and learning I guess. So I want to thank RRE for bring my ride back to life and hopefully this post will be helpful to any noobs out there who experience similar problems with there DSM. :partyman:

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2