[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - caps repair
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
caps repair 
DSM Regular

Post caps repair
Anyone on this board do caps replacements? I had some TCU misadventures in the past week and I currently have 2 TCUs that need the 47uF cap replaced. One works in my vehicle but acts wierd in some situations. The other has a cap that's shorted out and leaves my vehicle in limp mode. I have the caps but not necessarily the right equipment to do the recapping. PM me if you'd like more info or images.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:53 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: caps repair
Im not sure if this is the guys number anymore but he socketed my ecu for me awhile back. He is in perris,ca and his name is lenoard 951-782-1286. Just call him and tell him what you need, assuming thats still his number.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Go to www.zeitronix.com and send them an email. cRock used to replace ECU caps for DSM guys. If he doesn't, he can probably recommend a place to take it.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Check out ECM

http://www.ecmtuning.com/index.php?cPat ... pn5srtabc6

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 am
DSM Regular

Well thanks guys, but the # for Leonard doesn't work and and Zeitronix they seem too busy to be bothered. I know that there are shops all over the US that'll do it but I was looking for someone local. I attempted to recap the MD750525 myself... didn't work, still in limp mode. The one that's in my vehicle (MD738998) is sort of OK except for one remaining wierdness: A shift shock at the 2/1 downshift. I don't know if this is a caps thing or not. If anyone has an MD750525 TCU they don't need let me know.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 pm
DSM Regular

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:30 pm
DSM Regular

Well what happened is that I found an MD750525 in a Pick-a-part and threw the bad one out.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:07 pm
N00b

Because of the board layout when the caps on a TCU leak there is a strong chance that the +5v regulator will fail and dump B+ (12+v) onto the 5v bus and take out the processor and the other chips.

I've found the failure rate to be as high as 50% where it rarely happens on a ECU.

I now look at the voltage before I start any work on TCU to avoid being disappointed later.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Luvz teh Beer!!

Are you the same Steve on DSMtuners that everyone is always asking for help with electrical problems?

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:18 pm
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:35 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]