[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - gauge cluster problem (rpm and fuel)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
gauge cluster problem (rpm and fuel) 
DSM Regular

Post gauge cluster problem (rpm and fuel)
Anybody know why my tach and fuel gauge aren't working on my gauge cluster?

I have the translator set up and its able to read the rpm, I'm not sure about the fuel part, I've heard or read that if the cluster is from a 90 it won't read the rpm, but I'm not sure about that.

If that is the case, how can I tell if the cluster is from a 90 or not.

Thanks in advance.

Wed May 13, 2009 3:12 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: gauge cluster problem (rpm and fuel)
If its the cluster that was in the car originally i took it apart to remove the white overlays and basically broke the stupid thing in the process and i gave cody a 90 cluster i had laying around. Which did work before i pulled it outta the 90 i eventually parted out. Anyhow dunno if any of that info helps you at all but just fyi!

Wed May 13, 2009 4:18 pm
DSM Regular

How many miles did the one you gave him have on it, that's an easy way for me to tell, there was an extra cluster in the back seat that had white over lays on it. But I'm not sure which one is which, cause he could have tried to put the over lays on the one you gave him.

Thanks for the info.

Wed May 13, 2009 4:41 pm
DSM Regular

heck i dont remember the mileage sorry. But the one i broke one the needles wouldnt stay in; since i broke it. And their is no way in hell he could have fixed it. So the one that is in the back grab the needles and see if any come out with no resistance. And if so then you found the one i broke.

Wed May 13, 2009 4:54 pm
DSM Regular

Ok cool, ill check it out right now.

Wed May 13, 2009 4:56 pm
DSM Regular

Well I guess what they say is true, the 90 gauge cluster won't work with my car :(

But the needle that was broken on the 92 cluster was for the oil gauge, and I'm wondering if I can swap the oil gauge from the 90 to the 92, it looks like its just 2 screws but I could be wrong.

Anybody have any experience with this. I don't wanna swap the cluster and not have an oil gauge, I'd rather have no tach and no fuel gauge then no oil gauge, cause I can read my tach from the translator and the fuel light comes on when I'm low.

Wed May 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Wed May 13, 2009 8:24 pm
DSM Regular

Well it really doesn't make a difference, I swapped out the clusters and the tach and fuel gauge still don't work, so now I'm wondering if either of them originally came off the damn car lol.

Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]