[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - TPS QUESTION
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
TPS QUESTION 

Post TPS QUESTION
ok, im about to check the TPS with the voltometer , but before i get my hands on the voltometer "geting it tomorrow" .so yeah i had the car idleing and went on and unplugged the TPS and nothing happend ...the car kept idleing just how it was before i unplugged it, so would this mean the TPS is messed up?, im still gonna check it with a voltometer tho just wanted to know what you guys would think, the car is a 92 laser awd that runs like shit lol..

Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:57 pm
No More 2.3L

Post Re: TPS QUESTION
I'm not sure if that means it is bad. The best you can do is get the voltmeter and check the resistance between terminals 2 and 4 and make sure they are in spec.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:05 am
Profile YIM

Yeah I was thinking that something was up with the tps cuz I remember that I unplugged the tps of of my old gst while idleing and the car started idle surging and wat not and then I would plug it in and idle'd fine, but yeah I'm gonna check it out with the voltometer

Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 am
DSM Post Whore

Nope.....if you unplug the tps sensor, the idle will stay the same regardless. Does your idle surge? This could also because of a bad ISC, that is a tan color and located under your TB. If the rotating part of the ISC moves without resistance, then it is bad. I had a 92 Laser AWD and it had the same issue.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:46 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

my awd laser does the same thing LoL.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:40 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 pm
Site Admin

If your car is idling high I would first check to see that your throttle body is closing fully. while the car is running try to close your throttle body more by hand. Make sure that its hitting the stop screw (2g throttle body's only)

If that's fine I would do a boost leak test....yeah I know it sounds funny but it will find any vacuum leaks also.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:47 pm
DSM Post Whore

Damn....... :?

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:43 pm

well i checked the resistance of the TPS and at closed "pin 1 and 4" is at 4.81 ohm's and from pin "2 and 4 " its just at .5 , and i rotate it it goes up to 4.85, is this POS good or no? and when i rotate it the numbers jump around up to 4.85.. i thought the suppose to change smoothly number by number?, correct me if im wrong. i just need to fix this thing

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]