[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 1g 94 awd trans
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
1g 94 awd trans 
DSM Regular

Post 1g 94 awd trans
I sold my 23 spline trans to a guy in sd last weekend. The guy calls me saturday saying 1st gear grinds and wont go into gear. Today he calls saying he took it apart and that 1st gear is in pieces. Which the trans was perfect when i sold it to him. I told him flat out i had a problem from 5th to 4th it wouldnt go in. But 3rd to 4th it was fine. And i didnt know why it did that. And he didnt care. I mean if i was going to screw the guy over i wouldnt have had him come to my house. And 2 karma is a bitch and I dont care to screw someone over. I gave the guy a bitchen deal to $75 for a perfectly good trans.

So my question is on the 94 is the shift linkage different than a 90? And my only thought was maybe his clutch was screwed up or the system needed to bled. But i have no idea anyone have any thoughts on this? Because i dont know how or what he did.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Post Re: 1g 94 awd trans
If I'm correct the 90's are different from the 91-93

BROKEN Project Car- 1991 Eclipse GSX-in the works of fixing. Never going to run
New Daily Driver- Trailblazer baby!

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 pm
DSM Regular

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:48 pm

Erix could you get into more detail for my personal benefits? All I remember was that the 90's were considered not as good.

BROKEN Project Car- 1991 Eclipse GSX-in the works of fixing. Never going to run
New Daily Driver- Trailblazer baby!

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 am
DSM Regular

these are different from 90 to 91+ trans,xcase,levers,shifter,shifter base.90 is 22 spline xcase, 23spline for 91+.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:48 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 am
DSM Regular

To put a 90 trans in a 91-94 you need to change out the cable bracket on the trans from your old one. Even though the levers are diffrent it has been done before and said to have a shorter throw. So in short, it has been done before with good results by just changing the bracket and adjusting the cables a bit. a number of things can cause first to grind..

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:21 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I've had these trannys not want to shift into 1st at all. After some BG syncroshift - slides in like butter.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:28 pm
DSM Regular

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]