[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - car running like crap...bout to buy a honda
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
car running like crap...bout to buy a honda 
DSM Regular

Post car running like crap...bout to buy a honda
ok i was gone for a couple of days, when i get back i take my car for a spin and it feels really slugish like im pulling another caror something and my turbo sounds funny kinda like a power sterring pump when its low on oil. i got home checked my timing cause i just had done the timing belt the week before that everything was good. the next morning i take it it out and runs better but you can still hear my turbo with that funny sound. once it reaches normal temp. it runslike crap again an it dies out when i com to a stop and after a bit its real hard to start. any help would be appreciated.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:58 am
No More 2.3L

Post Re: car running like crap...bout to by a honda
Check the turbo for shaft play and do a boost leak test. Then get back to us with the results of those two things. Don't worry about anything else until you do a boost leak test.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Post Re: car running like crap...bout to buy a honda
ok well i checked the turbo and no shaft play other than normal. I did a compression a got a 120 all across. haven't done a boost leak test yet. thanks for the help.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:50 pm
Goderator

You got 120 on all cylinders? :?

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:32 pm
DSM Regular

125-120-120-120

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm

at least theyre pretty much even across the board but thats borderline rebuild time

http://www.DoubleTakes.org

Slowest car on the board

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:29 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Sounds like boost leak to me, slow + funny sound under boost + no shaft play.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

well i still havent got around to doing the boost leak test since i cant find it. i did notice that my oil is dirty and i just changed it like 2 weeks ago and only drove it for 100mi at the most, it aslo smells like fuel.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:21 am
DSM Regular

ok well i did the boost leak test and i couldnt get the gauge to read more than 5psi. i did find two leaks my bcs screw and one of my couplers was kinda loose fixed that. i still wasnt able to get the gauge to read more than 5psi. i took it for a spin and it felt lighter ran beeter but i started jerking around 3500-4500rpms kinda like fuel cut. any help would be nice and thanks for all the help

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:40 pm
Goderator

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Like I said, boost leak. Do the test, find all the leaks until you can pump 20psi in there and WALK away to get a drink and come back and look at the guage and it will still be at 10psi. That whole TDC thing never made a difference for me, I just take the intake off and test it. And when its perfect, I get the above results.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:53 pm
DSM Regular

will do. thanks for all the help.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 pm
DSM Regular

well thats it im pulling my engine out and replacing it.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next