[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 235/55zr17 tires on a 1g
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
235/55zr17 tires on a 1g 

Post 235/55zr17 tires on a 1g
a friend is offering me a set of 235/55zr17 pirelli pzero nero tires for a really good price.

i have 17x7 rims :(

i know that 235's can fit on 17's and barely clear.

i'm wondering if anybody has seen/heard of people using that tire size....235/55/r17

suspension is pretty stiff, JIC's dropped about an 1.5" all around

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:25 pm

Post Re: 235/55zr17 tires on a 1g

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

My 235/45/17s on my 17X8 rims still rub in the front if I hit a dip in a hard turn and I have some really stiff JICs too. But you might have a little more room on the 1G. My guess is they aren't going to work out that great for you.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:21 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

I ran a 255/40/17 on 17X8 +35 wheel and didn't have a bit of rub. Granted this was driving off road too. The rear rubbed during hard cornering but nothing some fender rolling cant fix.

But 235s on a 7" wheels will mushroom out and look like shit.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

Those 55's seem like they would bubble out pretty tall.

http://www.DoubleTakes.org

Slowest car on the board

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:12 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

3mm in the rear and like 1.5mm front.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

well i test fitted a tire today and test drove it with the tire on the left rear corner of the car, and surprisingly no rubbing whatsoever even on humps and dips.

then i drove the car again now with the tire on the front right corner of the car. only a 'slight' rub while on full lock to the left.

and as far as it rubbing, only if i take dips fast.

Pirelli P Zero Nero @ $150 for all 4 tires with 98% tread. based on the test drive today and the price, and my budget, i'll give 'em a shot.

i know the sidewall is too big and will probably flex in corners, but seeing how it didn't rub much at all during the test drives, i think i'll be able to cope with them for a while.

BROOOOO!!!!! :lol:
:|

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]