[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - BAD IDLE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
BAD IDLE 
DSM Regular

Post BAD IDLE
IDLES AT 1000 JUMPS UP TO AROUND 1300 THEN DROPS DOES IT WHEN IT WANTS , COLD OR HOT WHENEVER SAME AS THIS http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1991 ... 171219.htm USALLY DOES IT WHEN CAR COLD STARTS TILL ITS WARM OR DRIVING A WHILE ON THE FRREEWAY THEN WHEN I GET OFF. IT DOESNT CONSTANTLY DO IT FOR A LONG TIME JUST A MINUTE OR 2

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:39 am
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Post Re: BAD IDLE
Almost certainly a problem in the throttle body. Go to and look in the intake section for the ways to test the isc and the fiav. Also do a boost leak test and see if the shaft seals are leaking.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:25 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Is your BOV recirculated? Couldn't tell from the video. If not it can cause idle issues. Also, do a boost leak test, check your ISC, and adjust your BISS screw.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Post Whore

Lol....idle surge baby! Yeah, had this problem on my 1G and replaced the ISC w/ a ebay one, fixed the problem. I also had a boost leak too so check that, mostly its your ISC.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:38 pm
Quagmire

Its idle surge. Either you have a leak somewhere in the throttle body, or have low coolant. Do a boost leak test and check your coolant level.

Mine did that when i swapped my throttle body and also when i was really low on coolant.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:48 pm

I had the same problem and changed my coolant temp sensor and fixed the problem but it came back.... So I'm stuck in the same hole you are in.

BROKEN Project Car- 1991 Eclipse GSX-in the works of fixing. Never going to run
New Daily Driver- Trailblazer baby!

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:11 pm
DSM Post Whore

Just stop by the junk yard and grab one off a 1G with the same TB as yours. 90-91 are different from the 92's and up....unless you changed yours. +1 on h8vtec, low coolant can do that too cause a coolant bypass valve runs thru the TB to regulate idle rpms, ie: when you start your car....or when your car is warmed up.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:38 am
Talon of Doom

First, foremost, before everything! FIX ALL VACUUM LEAKS!

Next, set the biss screw 1.25 turns out from soft bottom. Drive the car around for a day, the idle takes some time to relearn, don't be alarmed if it i stalls out a few times.

A>If it still stalls alot after a normal day of driving around, try turning the biss screw out to 2 turns. and repeat driving around.

B>If the idle is still too high after setting it 1.25 turns out, the problem is either you still have a vac leak (repeat step 1) or your FIAV or ISC is bad.

ISC>test it http://dmtalon.v8eaters.com/ISC.html
If it passes

Block off the FIAV, its only needed in cold climates anyways, we're in Socal.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-te ... t151720501
If you have a 90-91, the block off procedure is the same except for the fact it s plate with three screws instead of a freeze plug.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

LOL, Grouch, I thought I found you on a Honda forum, but then I realized that the video you posted isn't your car, but rather just a reference. I was like "WTF, he doesn't live in Fredericksburg, VA!!!"
http://www.honda-tech.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=57

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

hahahaha. yea i just posted it to show h ow my car was acting up i was low on coolant and it hasnt done it in the past day since i drove it so ima wait and see if that was the problem

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]