[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - water pump
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
water pump 
DSM Regular

Post water pump

Ok water pump went bad driving about 25 mph going to 3rd gear and the pully on the water pump broke off the belts are ok but the timing belt is loose how do I know if I bent a valve or really messed some thing up??

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:26 am
Profile YIM
Squish Face

Post Re: water pump
Check the timing by lining up the cam gears so that the dowel pins are straight up at 12 o clock, and the marks are parallel to each other. Then look down at the crank pulley and see if the mark on it lines up with the proper mark on the cover.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

The water pump has nothing to do with the timing belt, they run on totally different belts.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

ya he didnt mean to word it that way. But his timing belt is just like mine. And actually I noticed another friend of ours his belt is loose also. So my attitude is replace it all. On mine i followed it exactly to what the dealer service manual said. And it was fine till now. But he will be fixing his before i will be fixing mine so ill make sure to snap a few pictures before tear down on both of ours. But like i told him id just replace the belts since ya they might not have to many miles on them but who knows how long ago they were actually replaced. And its better for piece of mind imo.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 am
Squish Face

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:43 am
Profile WWW
McFly

Mines tight like it should be :D but ya, get some pics up when you can. I would like 2 see.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]