[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - big issue
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
big issue 
DSM Regular

Post big issue
ok last night i was trying to figure out what was wrong with my car. and ran into another problem. my timing cover was cracked and hitting the timing belt so i broke it off instead of taking off the pulleys. started my car up to see if wouldnt make the cliping noise from the cover anymore it didnt. went to drive my car and when i accel it makes a clicking noise and my car wont hit any boost at all..... goes to 0 and thats as far it will go. i am so stumped and pissed off. wuold this be cause for being off by a tooth? on the belt ? i cant even explain anything cause i didnt touch anything besides the cover. i took the whole cover off not just the top. anything that might cause this to happen?

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

You need that lower cover. It protects you and it is there for a reason. Imagine if a rock jumped up into your timing belt, you will hate life. Easy to check if your belt is off a tooth or not, no point in asking if it can make you not boost, if it is, it is and thats a problem itself. As far as if it will, probably not, it will make the car run like shit, but not not make boost.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

ye ai have an extra cover that ima put in after i figure out wtf is wrong. i checkd for shaft play dosnt move at all. the tried to move the actuator rod doesnt move. hows the right way to check it? and can it just stop working all of a sudden? cause my car was fine then all of a sudden .... yea. i have a exhaust leak on my mani when i rev i can feel pressure shooting out of it. i know its a big related problem but ive been running like that for a while with not as big as a problem now where i get no boost. i plan on changing it when i get the gaskets. when the car is idling its been giving a "putt putt" sound now and then. can running on 3 cylinders be related to this symptom? i noticed the #1 plug wire has a lil up and down movement where it meet the spark plug and the other 3 are stiff. i just drove it down the street it drives like a non turbo car would. i can get a little boost in. i can hear the bov release a tad bit. if any of you guys are around the riverside area and want to stop by and figure out what it is ill buy you a full tank of gas. i dont want to go out and start buying/replacing parts that have no relations of the issue. id actually like to have some1 that knows what theyre looking at and know what theyre doing so i can learn more about dsms not just know how to break them.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

if the actuator is stuck you get 30+ psi of boost. Have you checked timing marks? Its possible th wastegate sleep slipped out.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Quagmire

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:22 pm
Squish Face

It could also be a huge exhaust leak. I blew the gasket between the manifold and head and no more boost for me.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

BROKEN Project Car- 1991 Eclipse GSX-in the works of fixing. Never going to run
New Daily Driver- Trailblazer baby!

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:14 pm
DSM Regular

Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:50 pm
Profile WWW

BROKEN Project Car- 1991 Eclipse GSX-in the works of fixing. Never going to run
New Daily Driver- Trailblazer baby!

Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:45 pm
McFly

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
DSM Regular

im still stumped. i changed the gasket between the head and manifold also the one from the mainfold to the turbo and still nothing. my car doesnt idle right either its a little bumpy then before it was solid. i change the manifold itself too. my old one had a crack from the top going around to the bottom. switched it with a 2g mani. also my rpm drop down to like 500

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:51 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

-_-" so your car was misfiring. When they die or fail you get no spark or spark in only 2 cylinders. Basicly makes your car not run or run and sound like a subaru.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]