[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - broke timing belt
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
broke timing belt 
DSM Regular

Post broke timing belt
ok so i was down the street from my house...the car was acting kinda funny...it felt real laggy..no power...but by 1500rpm's i was boosting 8psi... :/
the car ending up dying...pulled to the side of the road...and my timing belt was stripped...before i checked it i tried starting it again...and it didn't feel like it was turning over...the bottom end was turning over but the timing belt wasn't spinning..so the head sat still....
now im doing a timing job on it this weekend...and probably throughout the week cuz i dont have any help at the moment.

does anyone have any input as to why the car would have done that??
or if anyone is interested in throwing in a helping hand would be cool...too get to know some of you guys.

Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

On my old 1gb talon my timing belt took a shit on me 2 times. Reason being the motor came from KarKing(don't go there). Anyways the reason for it breaking was the oil pump seizing twice both times because they used some POS "Rock" aftermarket brand pump. I don't know if this is your case but when you change the belt check your pulleys and if you still have your Balance shaft belt see if that's still in tact. The only way to tell bro is when you look at it. Good luck

http://www.DoubleTakes.org

Slowest car on the board

Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:40 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

yea the balance shaft belt was still intact...but im building a new motor now and eliminating it...

do you have experience working on these cars??
i could use some help if anyone is interested....the motor is still in the car and needs to come out...and either get rebuilt...or find another motor to drop it in...

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

any reason as to why this happened?...Ummm...how old was that timing belt? Most timing belts go bad slowly by losing the teeth here and there. It is something that you will not sotice unless you are checking for it. It only ever becomes a problem when you lose too many teeth in a row and the cam gears have nothing to grab onto and then you are done. You probably bent some valves and are in need of some serious headwork now.

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:23 pm

dude i changed my timing belt and shit and it really doesn't take that much time. I also changed out the head put in some cams and some other sstuff. ill come see it from my experience on working on my car.

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:30 pm
DSM Regular

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:34 pm
DSM Regular

well...i have put quite abit of time into working on this car...i know how to change it...it just sucks having to do it by myself...hahaha but its cool...ive pretty much did everything else myself.
...wish me luck!!....hahaha

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I have alot of homework to do so I probobly can't go all the way out there and help you out but if I have time I will see what I can do.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:19 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]