[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - What would be better, get a new engine or rebuild the one I
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
What would be better, get a new engine or rebuild the one I 
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:25 am
Profile WWW
BANNED 4 LIFE!

i tought it was all the BS too but thats were it was i do all my testing on the streets. never been to a track to race yet...i dont go cuz they wont let me in no driver liscense

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED 4 LIFE!

illeagle ur not the only one who worked in rre b4 so relax i been there done the rre thing...i would even deiver 6 bolt motors all day for rrre back in the day... All u guys do i get it dont for 1 grand... its good to know ur own type of connecctions....hooks ups thats why...oh & did i mention my gs-t was fully gutted so it weight about 2klbs o less

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

you have to ask how to do a BSE. :roll:
you ask about how to remove Powersteering :roll:
you ask the typical cookie recipe race car questions :roll:
you have to ask what turbo will make 350hp :roll:
you constantly ask for parts selling fo cheap from people, what happend to all your "connections".

I probably come off as an asshole, but you failed to read the sticky post up at the top of every section. If you read those, read the 1000faqs at vfaq and read all the articles at vfaq.com, all the tech articles at dsmtuners.com, and used to search button.

These cars been around since '89. They've been there done that, blown up a million times, everyone has done everything to these cars and documented it and or wrote a article on what they did and how they did it.

I dont mind teaching you anything, or helping you solve an issue you have with your car. Just all I ask is you do you own research first, and ask a legit question or if you post information at least know what your talking about. Im not super DSM guru, but I've been around long enough. There are still alot of things that I don't know and sometimes spend days trying to figure out. You aren't fooling anyone by acting like you know what your talking about, instead you making yourself look more like an idiot.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:22 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:27 pm
Goderator

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:33 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

im just going to drop this. & by the way no my engine builder dont speank english his a beaner just like me....& am not saying i had connects to parts just to get me my bottom ends for cheap. & if u see the guy does not have 4500 hundred to spend thats why i told him about the way i do it...we all might want the forged internals but if u can't afford u o with the best way u can & the cheapest wich to me is...Evrything brand new but all mitsu parts...pistons rings bearings gaskets everyything...& the last motor the guy build is still running tyll this day i'll post a pic of it later....
Image...& this motor in it.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Forged is not expensive at all. I'll give you a good reason for why we only use forged, Better product, lower price. Saves customers money and they are happier knowing they can try harder to blow their motor up.

Here ar MSRP and List price on OEM pistons/rings/rods

Pistons - Part# MD307819 MSRP-$73.33 each List-$58.66 each
Rings - Part#MD313405 MSRP-$168.95 full set List-$135.16 full set
Rods - Part#MD193027 MSRP-$113.63 each List-$90.90 each

So even at List price (cost for Dealers to buy direct from Mitsubishi) total for Rings+Pistons+Rods = $733.40

MSRP Cost (without dealer markup :evil: ) = $916.79 Thats why we use Eagle/Wiseco

The only point I'm getting across is that cheaper is not always good you got ripped off and that motor you have now is either questionable, or used.

And again those numbers up there dont even include the minimal bore, hone, and deck for machine work. Bearings, head bolts(not reusable), main bolts(not reusable). Timing Parts, waterpump, gaskets, seals.

So $950 is shady motor that will blow up, or used pulled from the junkyard cleaned up and worth $300 at the most.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 pm
No More 2.3L

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:26 pm
Profile YIM
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Please no bench racing. If he says it does. Then it does. ^_^ I think the original topic was weather to rebuild or not. The biggest determining factor for this is green, dinero, cash, hoe profit, monies, your budget. :D

Thanks tony for the large improvment on making this easier to read. Its really appreciated.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next