[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - need help!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
need help! 

Post need help!
well long story short ... i was coming home on the freeway on my laser and i was going 65mph..and all of the sudden the car felt all heavy and i saw the speed droping and the car bogging ass hell so i pulled over and turned it off..it didnt over heat , temp and oil pressure were good so i towed it home checked the plugs everything looked good,checked the oil had plenty of oil..all couplers were tight.. has spark ..cheked ecu ,its good..but the damn car just turns over and wont start...took off the spark plugs and they were soaked with gas..cleaned them ...turns over wont star ..and plugs again full of gas..wat do you guys think its is..just ran out of ideas of wat could it be.. any help would greatly be apriciated

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:55 pm

sounds like you have no spark. could be a coilpack, but if all the plugs are wet, its probably your power transistor. Right sam?

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:01 pm

reverify that there is spark by pulling a plug wire off and test with someone verifying the actual spark,touch something metal with the wire like the chassis, i would say check out your cam angle sensor it may be dead. If not that then check coil pack, power transistor, etc.

http://www.DoubleTakes.org

Slowest car on the board

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:03 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

o yea, forgot about that. that sounds good too!

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

Symptoms sound similar to when my power transistor went out.

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:07 pm

What area are you in? I am free tomorrow if your close.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:08 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:07 pm

Slowest car on the board

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:17 pm
Profile YIM

yeah i cheked the ecu and it looked fine..i swaped it to anotherone that i had spare thats good still nothing...cheked the timing belt and everything rotaded fine and lined up to TDC though the crank sproket that holds the timing belt and behing the crankshaft pulley..and the sproket is coming off and it looks like it started grinding off the timing belt little by little...but i rotaded the engine and alligned it to TDC i took off the valve cover to see if the rokers were loose "bent valves" and everything was tight...

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:57 pm

I would say compression test your car. See what the results are then

Slowest car on the board

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:44 pm
Profile YIM

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Yeah it ended up bein that the Timing belt jumped 3 tooths cause of the crankshaft sproket started coming loose, didnt notice the first time I cheked cause me trying to figure out wat was wrong and to get it running that I didnt notice the dowel pins weren't at TDC , I was just paying attention allighning the sprokets, all that just for not bein patient. , and paying more attention

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:01 am
DSM Regular

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]