[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 1g. Wire tuck and nhra battery relocation
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
1g. Wire tuck and nhra battery relocation 

Post 1g. Wire tuck and nhra battery relocation
Once im done wiring everything uo. Ill do a write up on the battery nhra legal trunk relocation. As for the wire tuck i wish i never touched it. ImageImage

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:52 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: 1g. Wire tuck and nhra battery relocation
:partyman: It will look badass at the end tho keep posting sum pics along the way

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:51 am
frank the tank

looks hard !!

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:37 am
Profile YIM

Bat was easy, wire tuck is a pita!! Extending and shortening the wires, soldering, and making sure there's a good connection going through the wire. Cause I will kick myself in the head if it doesn't start cause I was to lazy to make sure each wire had good polarity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:31 pm
DSM Regular

How did you get your battery to shit where the evap stuff was?

Do you have pics of that? I want to lower mine like how you had it..

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Ugh you yank that sucker out of there. I got rid of all my vacuum lines. Egr, evap, fpr solenoid.
The only ones I have is bov and fpr regulator

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Nice man, looking good! Next time I have the trans out of the car I'm going to relocate the fuse box in front of the passenger side shock tower. It really cleans up the engine bay.

10.67@126mph

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 am
Profile YIM

Where the stock wiring harness comes out of the firewall?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:59 pm
DSM Regular

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:36 pm
DSM Regular

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Lol thats the magic. You subframe and trans will hug it tight

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:16 pm
DSM Regular

Cool thanks. Im having that done as we speak.. Hopefully at 5 ill go tune it and take the new clutch/trans for a spin..

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Well here's the battery relocation.
The battery will be in an aluminum Taylor battery box. Since I can't weld that will be added once the car runs.
Mounted the stinger 175a midi fuse for the the starter, fusible links using a 4 awg, it's feed by 1/0 awg that runs from the on position on the kills witch.
The alternator has its own 4 awg with a 150 anl fuse that is connected to the off position on the killswitch so that it is always being charged.
Mounted the kill switch at the rear taillight, had to cut a good chunk of metal.
The fuel pump will be wired into the on position on the kill switch. So that if I need to cut power to everything on the car, I just need to jump out and run to the back and switch it off lol.
I think it is time to invest in a fire extinguisher.
Just a picture of the wires.

I really hope all my wiring was good since the wire tuck is still in pieces lol. More to come.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 pm

This is how the wire tuck. Just needs to be wrapped in some braided sleeving.
I cut a good chunk of wires out, shortened a lot of wires, all connections will be by the rear motor mount. Tps, isc, resistor, starter and reverse, cas, knock, maf (I think that's all the pigtail connections I retained). Got rid of a bunch of crap lol. There is no write up on how to as I was learning along the way. Dsmtuners has a whole thread on engine harness with a description of the connectors and color of wires that run through.
Wire loom gone
Sorting out wires one by one and labeling each one
Sorted out, tucked, just needs to be wrapped in braided sleeving

Now I just got to find a place to mount the fuse box. But that will be next year I think I've done my fair share for soldering wires for the whole year.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Looks great man! I hear you on the fuse box. I'm going to do mine eventually too, but after all the other shit I was like, "eff that!" I'll tackle that at a later date.

10.67@126mph

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next