[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - oil puddle..
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
oil puddle.. 
DSM Regular

Post oil puddle..
ok so I changed my oil on Sunday and also replaced the oil filter, I made sure the old o-ring on the last filter was off, everything was good test drove it and no leaks.. now Saturday came back from getting a haircut and notice a puddle of oil on my drive, and so I looked under my car and it just leaking like no tomorrow idk what it could be, has anyone had this problem??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Post Re: oil puddle..
from further inspection it look like it's leaking from these spots Image

look like I may need a new oil filter housing??

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

mine leaks from the same place, I think it's just the oil pan gasket.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 pm
DSM Regular

does ur leak like no tomorrow? mine does, also my timing belt gets not soak but somewhat wet with oil it's just way to much oil dripping out

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

eh mine doesn't puddle at all but it'll make a nice little oil slick about 6 inches across in three days lol.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:10 pm
DSM Regular

I'm thinking it's my front main seal.. ill inspect more tomorrow

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

that could do it.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:01 pm

You ever figure it out? You can buy the UV colored dye at an auto parts store that you poor into your oil. A kit will come with a light and colored glasses to reveal the dye so you can see where the leak is coming from after driving it for a bit. Clean off the underside really good before trying it out.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I just just dropped the oil pan and the old gasket was torn really bad, I put in a new one along with RTV and installed it again, now I'm just finishing putting in all the front seals, oil pump seal, front main seal ect.. and after that ima take it for a drive and if it still spills oil, ill buy that dye, hopefully it's just those seals and nothing worse.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

***UPDATE***
it turned out to be my balance shaft seal took off all the belts except the timing belt and turned it on and all the oil was coming from there, so if anyone has oil leaking from the driver side of the motor and wanna know where it's coming from just do what I did.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]