[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Coolant Hoses on a 1g
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Coolant Hoses on a 1g 
DSM Regular

Post Coolant Hoses on a 1g
How many coolant hoses are on a 1g? Also, where are they located?

So far I know of the two radiator hoses. :)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:37 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: Coolant Hoses on a 1g
Are these any good?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

im sure those are as good if not better then oem style hoses

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am

Oem are fine. Even vatozone will do. Never had a problem unless your having overheating issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 pm
Post Master

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:45 am
DSM Regular

I have a 91. Where could I order a kit like the one above from?
If I were to source the parts from autozone what size hose would I need. I read somewhere that it was 5/8ths but that seemed too big.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 am
Post Master

They all vary in size, so it's hard to say. You've got the upper & lower radiator hoses, the throttle body coolant hoses, the heater hoses, the coolant hoses that go down to the oil filter housing for the oil cooler, and federal-emissions cars run coolant hoses to the EGR valve. I don't think anyone makes a kit that has all the hoses you need, you'd have to piece it all together.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am
DSM Regular

The car is currently leaking coolant. I found one ripped hose and fixed that but its still doing it. So I need to figure out the sizes so I can buy new hose.

To start does anybody know what the size for the throttle body coolant feed hose is? *Shown as A in the above diagram.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 am

Take it out and bring it to Autozone. And just buy it by the foot or whatever is needed.

remove radiator cap, turn on car once warm turn heater on full blast. Add coolant if needed.

By the way you can cap those coolant lines to the tb. you dont really need it. Its not like we get below 40° weather out here.
Those lines are only to help you on cold starts especially if the temp goes near freezing.
Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am
DSM Regular

What would I use to cap them?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Just loop the hoses. Or go to autozone and find something that can cap it. Be creative man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm
Post Master

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:12 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

FIAV Block Off http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/151720501-post19.html

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:48 pm
DSM Regular

Im going to make it run well stock before doing any more mods. Are there any benefits to the FIAV blockoff?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm
Post Master

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]