[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - losing power
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
losing power 

Post losing power
okay, for the past month or so i've been getting ignition circuit malfunction on link.
i knew it was my power transistor (power igniter) so i swapped it out.
temporarily fixed, last week check engine light would flash for a couple of seconds and it was hard to track what cell it was because it wouldn't stay on and link couldn't pick it up.
this week, i have no power at all, i'll start it and it will die, ill step on the gas but nothing.
before it dies out my afr's will go full rich at 10's and die out, even though i'm flooring it.
i know im loosing spark. last night i was stranded a couple of times because it was just rich, it would turn over and die out. i thought hmm. maybe if i turn the heater on full blast it will work, sure enough it worked and it stayed on and didn't hesitate going under boost.
i'm going to replace the coolant temp switch today hopefully that will cure my issues.
any suggestions.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:04 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: losing power
do you have a Cat?

when you get a flashing CEL it usually mean your going to cause damage to you Cat because of rich conditions IIRC

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:29 am

No cat. It started during the heat wave weve had this past week

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

WELL TEMP SENSOR IS A POSSIBILITY HAVE YOU CHECKED IT OUT YET? THEY ARE PRETTY CHEAP

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:11 am

Temp sensor is working. I replaced the power transistor with a different one and mounted it on the firewall. Also changed the pigtail, soldered, heat shrink and tapped.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 pm

I really think its my coil pack now, i'm sputtering randomly, my afr's rich way out to 10's, which means fuel is there but I'm loosing spark.
i want to be able to use a 1991-1994 coil pack without loosing my tach
i already have a 91-94 ecu w/ 91-94 power transistor
the 90 coil packs are hard to find and usually people sell them more than the 91-94
i just want to know if anyone here know's how to use a 91-94 coil pack on a 90.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:34 pm
Post Master

I kno u don't like me but I have a 90 coilpack u can try

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Im not even entirely sure its a coilpack now. i borrowed a coilpack and tested it out. it was good then cut out, although im not getting a dtc on link anymore.
It cuts out if i smash on it. Everything on link is smooth i have everything dialed it correctly. The tune is fine. Gapped my plugs all the way to 24. I'm going to open my ecu and.check if its leaking.

also i don't have any boost leaks. Ive done a test every single day.
Swapped out a different power transistor, still the same.

My plugs are new bpr7es should i go back down to 6 or go up 8?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:27 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 am

Hmm. Ok, well i have my dual 255 rewired. When i activate pump through link i can hear that sucker roar. I know i have fuel.
How am i getting a weak spark, when plugs and cables are brand spanking new. Coil Pack works, power transistor works.

What else is there to check that ignition circuit related.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:27 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

have you ruled out a bad o2 sensor? your plugs are fine, no need to change them.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:02 am

I'm using my zeitronix wb and running nbs through link. Sensor is 3 months old but ill do a rag test on it when i get home.

In relation to ignition circuit what are the parts corresponding to it.
From my knowledge it is:
1. Coil pack
2. Power transistor (ptu)
3. resistor pack
4. Spark plugs
5. Spark plug wires

That's all i can think of right now. Chime in if anyone knows what else is in the ignition circuit.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:29 am

Post losing power
Adam's right it should run really lean when you lose spark. Not sure what's up with that. Wondering if you have an injector problem. Did you replace the CAS yet?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 am
Profile WWW

If i can find a 90 cas ill replace it. ill post a log with link when it happens. Hopefully it won't die out on the way to the meet.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 am

I'm going to rewire my fuel pump again and replace the inline fuse holder with a better one.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next