[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Talon Build thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Talon Build thread 
Luvz teh Beer!!

Post Re: Talon Build thread
I use the s2000 battery its a lot thinner than stock and theres room with a SMIM with out lowering the battery tray.

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Nice. I'm going to have to look into that, thanks. :drinkers:

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 pm
Profile YIM

Made a little bit more progress this past holiday weekend. I probably could have got more done had I not drank and smoked so damn much, but oh well, we're steady mobbin forward :mrgreen:

So the FRH manifold I bought needed a little bit of attention. The owner before me had welded a couple brackets on the back of the manifold, drilled about 50 holes in it for who knows what and the black paint was also starting to look pretty shitty. So I sand blasted it and my buddy and I threw it in the bridgeport to machine off the welded brackets and tap/plug the holes. Obviously I'm going to be using some of these ports for vacuum when the time comes. Just not at the moment.

Next was time to install the cams, lifters, rockers, cam seals and cam gears:

New Gates timing belt installed:

I painted the intake manifold a semi-gloss high temp black and installed it as well.

Now it's time to tackle installing the Kiggly front clutch pack in the trans and start putting everything back in the car so I can finish shortening and routing my harness. Getting close and I always get more motivated when I start to see the actual progress! :D

10.67@126mph

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm
Profile YIM

Finished getting the manifold bolted up to the engine and setting up the vacuum ports off the back.
From Left to Right: AFPR/Boost gauge, Brake Booster, Map sensor

I drilled and tapped a spot in front of the throttle body for the BOV line:

Almost done with rerouting the harness and re-looming/heat shrinking the sensor plugs. Here's the tps and coolant temp plugs:

10.67@126mph

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 am
Profile YIM

Keep it up Dustin, looks really good!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 pm

So, I decided to install the Kiggly 5 friction disk front clutch kit last night, since it's about the last thing I need to do before I get the car back together.

Pump coming out:

Front clutch basket coming out:

Front clutch basket is out.

Old 4 disk front clutch pack taken apart:

My front clutch disks were starting to show some wear for sure, most of them had at least a couple of spots that were questionable:

Kiggly 5 disk (for oem basket) clutches/steels on the left.  Stock 4 disk front clutch pack on the right:

Kiggly 5 front clutch kit installed in the basket and ready to go back in the transmission. Here they are soaking in ATF awaiting install.

10.67@126mph

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm
Profile YIM
The Don!

It's Funny how hard it looks but in reality AT trans are easy mostly snap rings.

I'm running the vatozone special. On the battery. The lawn mower battery it holds way more CCA than those tiny batteries. I think mine is 425cca. The down side is its the bolt type terminal. But for 40 bucks its legit.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 pm
Talon of Doom

Looking good boogie boogie.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks man. I should have the gaskets I need by the end of next week.

I've been private messaging a guy in Australia named Aldo over on atdsm.com. Fucking guy is a guru with mitsu awd auto transmissions lol, who would have thought. He's been sharing a few of his own tips with me about increasing the holding capacity and longevity of these transmissions. Hopefully I do it right lol

Here's a vid of one of his cars in action: 4G63 AWD AUTO "down unda mate"

10.67@126mph

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:33 pm
Profile YIM

Looks nice and clean good job man.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm
frank the tank

nice cant wait to see it run

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:21 am
Profile YIM

10.67@126mph

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile YIM
The Don!

damn i hate those videos. the elevator music/ instructional videos they make me feel old. i they take me back to high school auto tech.. fuck.

but thats good shit though, where did you find those pellets?

i'm going to have to do that to my terminals mine are only crimped. i gotta work on my wiring a bit. make the tecate car legit.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm

10.67@126mph

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:28 pm
Profile YIM

Finally got off my ass and found the time to start putting her back together. It won't be long now, I'm going to try and make it down to the track in San Diego and run the car with CapainTonus on the 26th. It's cutting it close but I think it's do-able as long as I don't run into any giant roadblocks putting everything back together.

Here's some pics:

Motor in:

Transmission in, intercooler piping, fuel filter, new fuel lines:

Radiator, turbo oil line, the rest of the harness etc etc.

All I really have left to do is finish putting the passenger strut and tie rod back together, finish up the saturn alternator wiring, mount and make the AN lines for my catch can and mount/wire up the new nitrous solenoids. :drinkers:

Should be done by this weekend :mrgreen:

10.67@126mph

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:56 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next