[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Talon Build thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Talon Build thread 
DSM Regular

Post Re: Talon Build thread
The engine bay is looking really good. Can't wait to see this beast running at irwindale again!
Thanks for posting the link for the battery relocation slugs. I recently did my battery relocation very similar to yours and they were super easy to use.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm

10.67@126mph

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm
Profile YIM

Made a little more progress the other night. I pretty much worked on the car until my toes were numb; then I decided it was time to call it a night. :)

-Made a home depot mount for the catch can and nitrous solenoids
-Installed transfer case/drive shaft
-Bolted up the downpipe
-Hooked up the drivers side front suspension, tie rod end and axle the carrier bearing.

Picture of the ghetto rigged catch can mount I made, lol doesn't look the prettiest, but it's solid. Home Depot Racing FTW haha!

Same deal with the nitrous solenoids mount. Just a piece of aluminum angle from home depot. I didn't mount the solenoids yet as I'm waiting for a couple 90* fittings I ordered from Summit.

What's left to do:
-Bolt up the passenger suspension and tie rod.
-Wire up the saturn alternator.
-Bolt up the north/south bar & gusset under the trans.
-Make some new ground wires for the engine bay.
-Make the AN lines from the valvecover to the catch can.
-Fill with fluids, prime the motor and fire her up

10.67@126mph

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Good work DUST! But you need to lay those beers down and pick up those wrenches still waiting to support u down the track and start making dsm daily drivers pt 2.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:16 am

Haha but I like beers. I never drink while I'm working on my car though, but being hung over sure stops me ;)

All done. Just gotta filler her with fluids, pay the tags, get a new battery and then tune it.

10.67@126mph

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Thats right, proud of you! Now I need you to do me a favor after fluids tags the whole nine plus after a couple of practice pulls, I need u to go smash on on this CRX at Irwindale running 7.4 getting big headed Armin for some reason cant run better than a 7.5 with 600 or 500 with or without slicks all i can say is he lucked out from me schooling him in his own car (DAMN RAIN)!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Haha nice, yeah I can't wait to get back to Irwindale. Haha I'll drag that crx's ass all the way down the track, fool won't even know what hit him. :mrgreen:

10.67@126mph

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Thats what i wanted to hear ill do it myself but u dont wanna shoot me the HX, i dont think the 50 can do it but my tranny will be complete today and probaly install it this week oh ya do you have 16 stock valves in good shape i can buy? need them for a partner of mine let me know if u do ASAP thanks.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 am

Haha for sure. Nah, sorry man, I don't have any spare stock valves. The ones I do having laying around are all bent and fucked up.

10.67@126mph

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm
Profile YIM
frank the tank

looking good boggie !!

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile YIM

TTTTssssssssssssssss Chingon!

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:41 pm
DSM Regular

Just wanted to ask if your on a stock torque converter? I need to start posting up pics aswell of my build.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:48 pm
frank the tank

coming soon to a street near you .....

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am
Profile YIM

10.67@126mph

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 am
Profile YIM

Well I finally started the car up and drove it around a little bit :D

Everything seems fine so far. I have small vacuum leak coming from where the throttle body meets the intake manifold and every now and then the saturn alternator puts out too much voltage (15.5ish).

Here's a video of the first start-up. The car had been idling for about 10 minutes so the lifters were still ticking quite a bit. The second video is after I put about 30 miles on it. The motor is a used 6 bolt so nothing required a break in.

Lopey idle vid:

I also cut a vent in a stock hood, installed some mesh fence from home depot, some edge molding from vatozone and then painted it with some plasti-dip.

10.67@126mph

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:58 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next